𝑳𝒆𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒊𝒏𝒆 :: 31

The next morning, Jimin woke up in a different bed than he was used to staying in. He still had yet to get used to the unfamiliar aromas, however he'd never slept that good in a long time. And in fact, the last time he was actually able to close his eyes was with Jungkook beside him. It had been a little while since they'd seen each other and they hadn't even been able to text, considering Jimin left his phone at his house during their frenzy trying to get out.

He reached for the one thing he was able to grab before him and his mother left the house, which just so happened to be Jungkook's hoodie. The soft material still harboured the faint smell of the brunette and every time he dove in with his nose to inhale, his eyes closed in bliss and a smile formed on his lips.

I miss you, he thought to himself.

He slipped the hoodie over his body and changed into some jeans, slipping a beanie over his head. Without enough energy to fix his hair, he opted on just hiding it which seemed to be the easiest option.

"Jimin, are you awake?" his mother's voice called from the other side of the door and he hummed in response, giving himself one last look in the mirror.

"I'll be down in a second. I just have to finish getting ready," he said and heard a faint 'okay' before he assumed she walked away. Most of the flooring in his grandfather's house was carpet.

Running to the bathroom, he quickly brushed his teeth before he finally decided to head downstairs for breakfast. It wasn't told it was being made or prepared to serve, yet he could smell it from his temporary room upstairs and it made his tummy grumble with delight. Even something as simple as pancakes with fresh fruit caused his mouth to water. He found difficulty recalling the last time he'd eaten something so delicious for breakfast.

"How was your sleep?" Grandpa Park asked as he finished helping his boyfriend set the table.

"It was great," Jimin started as he pulled a chair out, taking a seat. "Well, as soon as I got to sleep it was. For the first maybe half an hour my eyes wouldn't close because I was too busy thinking," he replied honestly and immediately his mother shone him a worried look.

"It's alright, mom. I was just thinking about Jungkook. I don't have my phone with me so I haven't been able to text him," he explained, however his mother's expression didn't show any signs of faltering.

"Where did you leave it?" she asked and Jimin rubbed at his nape, chewing on his lower lip.

"I left it at our house when we ran. Along with everything else, kind of. We didn't really get a chance to grab anything," he told and the kitchen went silent.

His mother curled her lips in, pads of her fingers tapping against her coffee mug in deep thought. She looked up, and smiled softly. "We'll just have to buy some new stuff, then. There's no way I'm sending you back over there. No mother in their right mind would do such a thing to their kid," she decided and Jimin nodded his head.

"You don't have to go to school today if you don't want to--"

"I should," Jimin concluded, interrupting his mother. "I can't keep putting it off. I used to be so academically driven and my grades are falling. I have to get back on track before graduation comes," he said and his mother nodded in agreement with a benign hum.

"I suppose you're right, love. How about you finish off your plate of pancakes and then head to school. Do you want me to drive you?" she asked.

"No, it's okay. I could drive myself but I think I'm just gonna walk and get some fresh air," Jimin told and then shoveled a piece of pancake in his mouth, causing his mother to chuckle.