𝑰 𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 :: 20

(A/N): Trigger warning + longer update. :)

It was dark out now.

Jungkook had been driving for hours, and he didn't stop for anything. For red lights, stop signs or pedestrians, even. The only thing on his mind was the fact that his mother was gone. He didn't even wait for the police or ambulance to arrive. He had left his phone there without hanging up, just to be sure that she'd be found and taken care of.

He wasn't going to be needing his phone, anyways. Not after what he was planning on doing. Was it a plan, though? Not really, it seemed, as it was as if his truck had driven him to his destination rather than himself, encouraging his next course of action guiltlessly. He didn't want to do this. But it was as if he had no choice, considering his only safe haven had been ripped away from him with no remorse.

Jungkook turned the ignition off, pulling his key free. He dropped it into the passenger seat, fingers curling around the wheel as he rested his head there, mind working on full spin.

Nobody was going to miss him... right? It wasn't like he had friends at school, and his father was most definitely excluded from the picture. God, it was like he was never there to begin with. It was always his mother who watched over him. She took care of him and treated him like a son. Jungkook always felt like a stranger in the presence of Mister Jeon. He never looked up to him, because there was nothing to look up to.

A stuttered sigh left his lips as he lifted his head, staring out at the bridge in front of him. Selfishly, some tears had rolled down his cheeks and so he wiped them away before climbing out of the truck, closing his door shut carefully. It was as if he had lost all of the strength he harboured, which never happened to be much to begin with. Every day he lost a little bit more and had been drained just as much.

With small and languid strides, Jungkook approached the bridge, but more importantly the edge. His fingers curled around the railing of it in anticipation. He peered down, slightly frightened by the sight however just as pleased that it was far enough. He climbed until he was standing on top of the railing, feeling the cool breeze swim through the fabric of his top.

It almost felt like he could fly, and a small smile tugged at his lips just thinking about it. His eyes fell closed and unintentionally he began to teeter, his footing shifting. He lifted his arms into the air on either side of him, the wind practically begging for him to jump. To just do it and get it over with. And he wanted to. He didn't want to be there anymore if he had no reason to live. If nobody gave him a reason to live.

Jungkook exhaled heavily, inching a little bit closer to the edge. "This is it," he whispered to himself. "This is what you wanted... right, dad? For me to go. You never loved me. I'm a stranger to you."

"That's not true."

Jungkook's eyes opened, however his position remained the same. He swallowed roughly, a large knot forming in his throat. He peered down once more, taking in the large drop with his heavy eyes. His tongue darted out to moisten his lips before he spoke. "What do you mean it's not true? You're a poor excuse of a father. Or should I even call you that?" he said quietly as he felt his body swaying softly in the breeze, pressuring him to jump.

Mister Jeon sighed. "Just step away from the edge, Jungkook. You're worrying me."

Jungkook shook his head stubbornly. "I won't. I'll jump. And it'll all be your fault. Everything is your fault."

"For Christ's sake, Jungkook, step away from the God damn ledge. What would your mother say if she were here? Would she want her baby boy to kill himself?" Mister Jeon pressed, his twisted words causing Jungkook to taut.