𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝑳𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍 :: 13

The next morning, Jimin awoke an absolute mess. His regular morning routine had been tossed out the window as not even a wink of sleep had claimed him. Instead, thoughts of Jungkook's lips and tongue pressed to his neck as well as the strange boy in his arms had his mind held hostage.

What was he supposed to do this day? How was he supposed to face Jungkook after the things he had asked from him? Would the brunette divulge the little intimate moment they had on the couch just last night? It made his head hurt, just mulling all of the possibilities over.

"Jimin, darling, are you awake? You're going to be late for school, hun. I told you you shouldn't have invited somebody over last night," his mother's voice echoed from the other side of the door, causing Jimin to grumble almost inaudibly. He wasn't in the mood to face her, or anyone for that matter. And he was supposed to survive school this day?

Jimin whimpered, throwing his legs over the side of his bed. "Yeah, I'm awake," he called out as he balled his fists up, rubbing at his eyes. He knew something was wrong when he had no reaction to the fact that he was risking showing up late to school. He didn't even want to go today. Which was extremely odd for him.

"I have to go but I made breakfast and there's some left overs sitting on the kitchen table. Help yourself and I hope you have a good day, sweetheart," she said before Jimin heard her heels clicking away against the hardwood floor. Not long after that he heard the front door close.

Jimin rubbed at his tuft of black hair swiftly, proceeding to raise his arms into the air for a long stretch. His shirt lifted to show his belly, prompting a shiver to course down his spine. He rolled his pink tongue over his lips to moisten them as he stood up and made his way to the bathroom. There, he washed himself up and brushed his teeth in the warm shower.

And getting dressed wasn't any easier as he just decided to throw on a pair of sweatpants as well as a black hoodie and a pair of sneakers. It was evident that no effort had been put into his appearance as most days he wore proper jumpers with pants and sleek shoes.

After that, he made his way downstairs, fully expecting to be greeted by the vacancy of his home. But to his surprise, his father was seated at the dinner table with a mug of coffee in his hand, a newspaper held lazily in the other.

"I thought you would have left early this morning," Jimin said as his eyes caught the mouthwatering plate of pancakes on the dinner table.

"I'm not going in until later," he replied flatly as he folded up his newspaper, placing it on the table. He then looked up at his son past his glasses as he took a sip out of his coffee. "Why?"

"Oh, it was just a thought," Jimin said as he rubbed at his nape, finding it hard to hold his father's hooded gaze. "It's just that I never really see you around. You're always gone. Surprised, is all, I guess."

His father hummed as he put down his mug of coffee. "You're busy, too, no? With school."

Jimin nodded his head. "Of course. Always." He smiled.

His father arched a brow in question as his eyes traveled from his son's sneakers to the hood over his head. "You sure don't look like you're busy. What's with that?" he asked, motioning to all of Jimin.

"What? Oh, this?" Jimin questioned with a nervous chuckle as he gripped the hem of his hoodie. "I just finished my work out," he lied.

His father hummed. "Well, I have to go to work. Make sure you clean yourself up before you head to school," he announced as he stood up from his seat, adjusting the collar of his work shirt.

And Jimin couldn't help but notice something on his neck. Also the fact that his father just finished saying he didn't have to go in until later.

"Okay. Have a good day."