𝑴𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒆 𝑾𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 :: 05

Jungkook allowed Jason into his house hesitantly. His father was currently at work, but that didn't mean he wouldn't show up unannounced at some point like he typically did.

"Nice place," Jason commented as he kicked his shoes off clumsily, carelessly tossing them to the side.

"Thanks," Jungkook said dryly, deciding that it would probably be a better idea to hide Jason's shoes; only when he wasn't looking.

"So, what are we gonna do?" Jason questioned as he removed his sunglasses, slipping one of their arms into his shirt as they rested along his chest.

Jungkook quirked a brow. "I thought you wanted to come over to work on the project. What else would we do?" he asked as he pocketed his hands.

Jason shrugged. "I thought we were vibing during English class. I didn't think you'd actually want to do the project. No one does."

Touche, Jungkook thought. But Mr. Jeon was quite adamant when it came to his son's grades, and so Jungkook didn't want to risk anything. It wasn't like he was looking for friends, anyways. He just wanted to complete his grade twelve year so he could move out and go to post secondary.

"That's true. But wouldn't it be better to do extremely well on the project so you can wing the unit exam?" Jungkook pitched, knowing full well that he himself would try to ace both. He just needed Jason to cooperate. The sooner they got out of the entry way, the better.

He seemed to mull the proposal over briefly before coming to a conclusion. He nodded his head. "Yeah, sure."

Jungkook smiled gently, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He didn't show it externally, but that sure as hell wasn't going to stop him from feeling it internally. They both made their way upstairs, Jungkook leading the way there.

Jason invited himself onto the bed, eyes studying Jungkook as he placed his bag on his computer chair, shuffling through his items.

"What's with the glasses?" he questioned, noticing how Jungkook stilled for a moment.

"I got a minor concussion yesterday. I need to wear sunglasses because of light sensitivity," he explained flatly and in short, finally finding what he was looking for as he pulled his book and notes out of his bag.

"Oh shit," Jason said with a satisfied laugh. "A minor concussion? You're a bad ass, Jeon."

Jungkook gave Jason a quizzical look, well hidden behind the dark of his sunglasses. God, he wasn't one to stereotype but he couldn't understand airhead jocks. They made his brain work harder than he really wanted it to.

"I guess you could say that," he settled with uninterestedly as he spread his notes along the expanse of his bed, sitting across from Jason who was busy laying on his back, arms nestled beneath his head as he stared at the ceiling blankly.

"Where did you live before this?" he questioned without much warning, throwing Jungkook off guard and prompting him to taut.

"Why?" Jungkook asked. "Let's get to work-"

"You just seem different."

Jungkook allowed his eyes to fall shut as a heavy breath left his nostrils. "Everyone is different. Now let's start with the project," he suggested, yet it was more so an order.

"Yeah, but there's something off about you. Something I can't quite pinpoint," Jason said while sitting himself up, eyes landing on Jungkook's glasses. This caused a brief silence to linger before it broke due to the opening of Jungkook's door.

Jungkook's father stood in the doorway, Eric sauntering in past him like it was a regular occurence.

"Well, I knew you were already disgusting as is for liking boys but I didn't think you'd ever be up for a threeway," Mr. Jeon announced brashly.