𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝑩𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒐𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝑯𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒚 :: 24

Today was the day of Jungkook's mother's funeral.

He stood in front of the mirror in his bedroom, failing to tie his tie properly. A frustrated huff left his lips and without a second later, his father had placed his hands on the brunette's arms, twisting him in his spot until the both of them were face to face.

"You should already know how to do this, Jungkook. You're eighteen," Mister Jeon said with his fingers working at his son's tie, doing it up properly for him.

Jungkook ignored him, looking to the left. Talking to his father was his least favourite thing to do, especially after the stunt he tried to pull. He focused his gaze out his window, his temper easing as soon as Jimin being all dressed up came into his sight.

"When are you gonna talk to me, Jungkook?" his father asked while pulling his hands away, crossing his arms to stare at his son.

Jungkook shook his head.

"You almost jumped off of a fucking bridge, Jungkook. You were going to kill yourself. Don't I have the right to ask questions and be concerned?" Mister Jeon argued.

Jungkook let out an irritated huff, finally deciding to look his father in the eyes. "I'm not the only one keeping secrets, dad. You're no better than I am," he stated and his father raised a brow.

"What are you talking about, Jungkook? All I've ever been with you is honest."

"Honest?" Jungkook reiterated, aghast. "Our whole relationship is built off of lies. That's exactly why I don't tell you anything. I know you and Jimin's mom are seeing each other. It's obvious!" he yelled at his father, pressing a finger into his chest.

"Watch yourself, Jungkook," his father warned, brows furrowed while staring at his son with a provocative look in his eyes.

"Whatever," Jungkook shook his head, slipping his suit jacket over his arms. "I have a funeral to get to. One you tried to call off, asshole."

Mister Jeon held his tongue, gaze falling to his feet as his son walked past him, bumping his shoulder on the way.

Jungkook traveled down the stairs, slipping his dress shoes on as soon as he reached the entryway. His fingers curled around the doorknob, pulling it open. There Jimin stood, dressed in his own little suit. He played with his tie timidly, peering up to meet the brunette's soft gaze.

"Your parents are letting you come?" Jungkook asked, slightly surprised.

"I, uhm... not my dad. He doesn't know. But my mom let me go," he replied quietly. "I was surprised because she said she also wanted to come, but I didn't think it was a good idea. Y'know... for multiple reasons."

Jungkook broke into a benign smile as he studied Jimin's pink cheeks. He reached his hand up to brush one of them gently with his thumb. This caused the boy's lips to part and he wanted nothing more than to dive in and claim then much like that perfect night. But they were roughly out in the open and so he refrained from doing so. He dropped his hand from Jimin's face and shoved it into his pant pocket.

"Should we get going?" he asked.

Jimin nodded his head and trailed behind Jungkook until they reached his car. The brunette found his spot behind the wheel and the ravenette joined him in the passenger seat. Jungkook's vehicle purred to life as he turned it on, soft pop tunes filling it's walls in an instant. He noticed that Jimin remained rather quiet as he stared into his lap, playing with his little fingers in hush. A little pout tailored his kissable lips.

"What's up, baby?" Jungkook asked.

Jimin shrugged tenderly, pulling his bottom lip in.

"Hey," Jungkook started, placing his hand on Jimin's thigh. "If something is bothering you, you can tell me. You know that right? I will always listen to you, Jimin," he finished as he stared at his baby with an assuring look in his eyes. He gave the ravenette's thigh a firm squeeze to further his point.