𝑰 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 :: 30

Jimin had left the bathroom and approached the living room, his grandfather's boyfriend trailing just behind him. Each time the boy conveyed even the smallest pinch of reluctantly in his steps, the older man was there to place a hand on his shoulder as a gentle reminder that he wasn't alone. And that if he needed any support, he was indeed right there unequivocally.

"Mom?" he questioned quietly and both his grandfather and mother broke from their current conversation to look at him, and Miss Park smiled.

"Is everything okay, love? How are you feeling?" she asked and the nerves that crawled all over Jimin's skin soon dissipated as he focused on her sweet, assuring gaze. However as soon as she took note of Jimin's frozen state, she had patted the spot beside her with softly furrowed brows and the ravenette gulped roughly, approaching the sofa.

As soon as he took a seat, he began to toy with the collar of his hoodie and as much as he appreciated the presence of his grandfather's boyfriend, he wished that Jungkook was sitting next to him, holding his hand tightly. That's at least what he imagined as he sat before her, prepared to divulge his biggest secret.

"Before I start, I just... why didn't you tell me grandpa has a boyfriend?" Jimin asked as his gaze flitted from either his grandfather or mother, waiting eagerly however patiently for an answer.

His mother broke into a soft smile and she reached for her son's hand, brushing his knuckles gingerly with her thumb. "I never told you and the reason we stopped visiting was because I know how you feel about gay relationships. I know how your father made you feel about gay relationships. It was safer that way," she explained quietly, and Jimin couldn't help but wince at the statement 'I know how you feel'. Because that's not how he felt anymore. His feelings were eating away at him and he needed to get the sentiments off of his chest before it was all too much to handle.

"I need to tell you something," he said and he briefly stared at his grandpa's boyfriend, getting a soft head nod in return. His attention averted back to his mother and their layered hands, breath drawing thin and heart beat picking up.

"What's going on, Jimin? You can tell me anything. I'm right here," she reminded him and he swallowed, blinking at her. He needed to get his shit together and just tell her, otherwise he didn't think he would ever get the chance to.

"It's just... I'm... I don't know how to put it," he started and he had to pull his hand from his mother's so he could rub his clammy palms along his thighs. He kept his gaze glued to his legs, afraid to look up and meet her expectant eyes. He felt all of the pressure in the world even though he knew he didn't need to, because they were all waiting for him to speak. Yet they weren't impatient with him. Clearly, he was nervous and so they gave him the time he needed to get his words out.

"Mom," he said finally and he dared to look up and meet her pretty eyes. They twinkled back at him benignly and offered him some peace of mind - in which he took gladly before he continued speaking. "I... I'm gay, mom. I like boys."

Jimin continued to stare at her, half expecting her to throw a fit yet pull him into her arms all the same. She remained still, meanwhile he peered to his left and found his grandfather looking fondly at him with an outstretched smile and an assuring head nod. When he went to look back at his mother, he felt like he nearly got whiplash considering how hard he had been pulled into her tight embrace.

"Y-you're not mad?" Jimin croaked and he sensed a caustic feeling in his throat, trying to swallow the lump that pressured him to cry. A sheen layer hugged his eyes and he bit down on his lower lip in an attempt to stifle his tiny whimpers.

"Of course I'm not mad, love. What makes you think I'd be made?" she asked as she began to pet Jimin's hair.

"I just... you always talked about me bringing a girl home and I just thought that... you know..." he explained vaguely and his mother pulled away from the hug to look him in his watering eyes.

"It wasn't okay for me to assume, but I'm going to be honest with you, love. Your father always impacted my way of thinking and it got pretty bad - to the point that I ended up doubting myself as a person and my own worth. We may have never really showed it, but it was definitely a toxic relationship. And especially after I discovered he had been cheating..." she said and her voice began to crack near the end of her statement. "But that's in the past, now. I'm still in love with him and God knows how long that will last. But I'm determined to find somebody who will treat you and me right."

Jimin couldn't help himself now as tears had been rolling down his cheeks, meeting the soft material of his jeans. God, he still didn't even tell her who he was seeing. But now that he's here he may as well break just a little bit more ice, even if it scares him to.

"Can I tell you something else?" he asked and she nodded her head fervently, showing she had all of his undivided attention.

"...Okay," Jimin said quietly and casted his gaze down to his legs, anxiously chewing on his lower lip. "I'm actually kind of seeing somebody right now," he told and immediately expected a passionate response. Yet her visage remained a neutral state; however, a small grin had made her lips.

"It's Jungkook, isn't it?" she guessed, and Jimin looked as guilty as ever, playing with his fingers in order to distract himself from his embarrassment. Had it really been that obvious that his mother had no large reaction and could even figure it out herself?

"How did you know?" he asked and she stifled a chuckle with her hand, causing Jimin to pout. He was glad that she was doing better, even if her uplifted sentiment derived from the expense of his comfort. Shrunken in size, he peered up at her past his lashes and she shook her head softly, finally managing to gather herself.

"To say I didn't know from around the very start would be a lie. Him on top of you and kissing you in the backyard was a pretty bold statement," she said and Jimin gaped, opening and closing his mouth like a fish. "That and I know that one night when Jungkook's father and I came back from dinner you were at their house," she continued and her son continued to shrink.

"...I have another question," he stated and his mother nodded her head, encouraging him to ask away. It seemed as if it was just those two in the living room now as both grandpa Park and his boyfriend listened closely.

"Were you and Mister Jeon ever seeing each other? You know... like... really seeing each other?" he asked vaguely and his mother shook her head immediately.

"His company was nice for awhile seeing as your father never had enough time for me. But as soon as I discovered how he truly treats his son, I was out of there as quick as possible. He was a temporary mend for my bruised heart but that's it. I know, it may have seemed like it. But I promise I would never do that to you," she explained thoroughly and Jimin processed each word as it rolled off of her tongue, nodding simultaneously. Slowly, pieces of the puzzle were coming together and his adled mind eased.

That still didn't stop how embarrassed he was at the fact that his mother saw him and Jungkook kissing. She'll never let him live that down.

"I believe you," he stated and a small smile pulled at his lips. "Are you feeling a little bit better now?"

"I'll get there. We both will, right? I just had a chat with dad and he really knows what words to say," she said with her own smile and Jimin sighed contentedly, knowing for sure that they both had a minute to breathe and collect their thoughts without having to worry about his own father.

"Well are you guys hungry? I just finished cooking up some food and I'm sure you guys have both had an extremely long day. I'll set the table and call you guys in when it's ready to serve. How does that sound?" Grandpa Park's boyfriend suggested and Jimin just couldn't understand how sweet of a man he was. They've known each other for only what... ten minutes? And he felt as if he had known him his whole life.

"That sounds fantastic. Hon, you wouldn't mind helping, would you?" Grandpa Park asked his daughter and she shook her head, standing from the couch. She passed Jimin by and ruffled his hair before disappearing into the kitchen.

"I can help, too," Jimin offered and bounded into the kitchen behind her.

His grandfather's eyes followed his small figure and he smiled, shaking his head. He missed him.