𝑰 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰'𝒎 𝑹𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒚 :: 29

As soon as the car had come to a stop, Jimin's eyes fluttered open. He studied his surroundings only to find them foreign, however quickly recollecting past memories he spent at his grandparents' house. It had changed quite drastically since the last time he had seen it. The lawn appeared more catered to and the exterior of the small building now looked rather lively as opposed to scatched and untamed.

"We're here," his mother spoke softly as she pulled her hands from the wheel, placing them in her lap. Her gaze then dropped to her thighs.

"Mom," Jimin started as he looked at her disheartening state. He reached for her hands, pulling them into his own lap and made sure that his mother was looking at him before speaking.

"We'll figure this all out, okay? You're one of the strongest people I know. Don't let this change you. You can hurt, and you can cry. Sometimes fall, even. But you're a warrior and you always manage to fight your way back onto the battlefield despite your wounds," Jimin soothed and he noticed his mother's bottom lip quiver in response.

She simply nodded her head, pulling Jimin in for a warm embrace because she just knew that if she opened her mouth, the only thing mustered would be tears upon tears. Jimin held her close, threading his fingers through her hair and then planting a kiss to her cheek, pulling away. They exchanged encouraging looks and then the both of them departed from the car, closing their doors shut behind them.

Hand in hand, they both walked up the small porch and Miss Park knocked on the door, the two of them waiting patiently for it to swing open. It soon did, and there stood none other than Grandpa Park, looking as equally shocked and happy to see his daughter and his grandson standing on his front lawn.

However those mixed expressions soon faded as soon as he'd taken note of their current state. That being slight bruising on either of their faces and clear evidence that they had been crying. Without so much as a word, he swiftly ushered them into his home and closed the door behind them.

To Jimin, the smell he picked up wasn't the same as he once remembered. It was still soothing and inviting, however something lacked. Perhaps it could have been another strange man emerging from the kitchen with his hands placed on his hips, looking every part of a baker. He had flour on his face and his apron was dirty.

"Should I ask?" Grandpa Park finally questioned as soon as the three of them had taken a seat in the small yet cozy livingroom. Jimin and his mother were huddled up together on one of the sofas, meanwhile the older man sat solo on the other just for the time being.

Miss Park croaked quietly, and Jimin could sense that she'd lost all power to speak and the sufficient words she was most likely in search for possibly died down her throat every time she attempted to say something. And so he instead decided to take the lead, rubbing her back up and down with one of his small hands.

"...My father, he um...he did some very bad things to us," he explained vaguely and one of Grandpa Park's coarse brows raised in curiosity. He leaned forward, forearms pressed to his thighs as if diving in further to the explanation.

"What do you mean, Jimin? What did he do?"

"He, um...he hit us and he's cheating on my mom," Jimin confessed as he toyed with the sleeves of his hoodie, completely unaware of the burning fire in his grandfather's chest as well as eyes. The older man's fingers curled around the cushion and he had to stop himself from going ballistic.

"Lovebug," he said and his daughter looked up at him with sad eyes, biting back tears. It didn't take long for him to approach Miss Park on the couch, sitting next to her and pulling her into his side. She sobbed heavily into his shoulder and he pressed his cheek to her head, running his hand up and down her hair.