𝑰'𝒎 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝑳𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝑩𝒆𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒅, 𝑶𝒌𝒂𝒚? :: 21

Despite the crazy night Jimin endured, he still went to school, however Jungkook ended up staying home due to the passing of his mother. The full story to him remained rather blurry and he found it difficult to wrap his head around it, however he had been told vaguely by Jungkook that apparently Mister Jeon attempted to send his ex-wife deep into the ground without a funeral. His son was clearly against it, however, and fought for one to be held. It wasn't as if it was going to be super expensive considering very little people were going to show up. Jimin had been invited despite never meeting her, and it filled him with unease. Yet that wasn't going to stop him from going, because Jungkook needed a person. And he was going to be that person without question.

"Hey, uh... Jimin?"

Jimin turned around in the hall, Eric's soft eyes immediately diving into his own. A longing that he'd never seen before filled them as they roved Jimin's face impatiently.

"H-hi..." Jimin responded timidly while rubbing his nape, attention flitting from Eric's face to the floor. The last time they'd seen each other it involved a kiss and a confession. Both of which Jimin would have been completely repulsed by had it happened any earlier in the school year.

"Have you thought about it? Y'know," he questioned quietly, a nervous chuckle filling Jimin's ears. Eric distracted himself by messing with his hands, nose scrunched temporarily. Jimin could sense he was waiting uneasily for an answer, more specifically one to be satisfied with.

Jimin looked around, hesitant to answer because of potential listening ears. He gripped Eric by his wrist softly and tugged him behind him into the janitors closet where they would be safe.

"This can't be good," Eric mumbled quietly, head falling.

Jimin curled his lips in, arms wrapping around hinself. He stared at the dirty floor, mulling things over in his head. The last thing he wanted to do was make Eric sad, but he also didn't want to lead him on. Didn't want to give him false hope.

"I'm sorry, Eric, but--"

"It's okay," he said immediately upon realizing his answer. "I didn't really expect you to say yes, honestly. I just thought I'd give it a shot, y'know?"

Jimin stared at Eric with his mouth ajar, completely and utterly surprised to be receiving such a calm and composed response.

"The truth is, is that I've liked you ever since I met you. But I was afraid to tell you because I knew how you felt about gay people. I don't know if you still feel the same way, but you don't seem repulsed, so that has to count for something, right? Anyways, I just thought I'd let you know. Let you know how much I love when your eyes turn into little moons whenever you smile. How you never fail to squeak when you laugh. How you have to lean into somebody whenever you do, otherwise you'll fall off of your chair. The little things like that are what made me fall for you," Eric explained quietly, however with just as much confidence. He had literal hearts in his eyes as he stared at Jimin, wanting nothing more than to pull him close and have him to himself. But he knew that wasn't the case, and he knew he had to respect that.

Jimin couldn't do anything but stand and gape while stunned, literally rooted in his spot. He had no idea Eric liked him for as long as he did. He had been suffering unrequited love ever since they started hanging out? That must hurt. And what made it all worse, was the fact that the ravenette had just finished turning him down.

"You don't have to say anything--"

"No," Jimin started, curling his fingers into his palms. "I'm tired of not saying anything. I'm sorry that I did that to you. That I continue to do it to you. I'm sorry that I can't return your feelings, Eric. I really am. It's just that--"