𝑺𝒐 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕. 𝑱𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒂𝒔 𝑰 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅. :: 17

Jungkook awoke the next morning, the afternoon soon pouring onto his face past the crack in his curtains. He scrunched his nose, lips retreating from their pout as he ran his tongue over his mouth to moisten up it's chapped feeling. He stretched his limbs out, a smile creeping onto his face as last night's events roamed his mind. But just as quickly as he smiled, it faltered due to the image of a blazing red handprint on Jimin's soft cheek. It caused an unprecedented anger to boil in his chest as the image unfortunately seemed to have been engraved in his mind.

"Jungkook?"

"Come in," Jungkook beckoned monotously from his bed, hands situated beneath his head as he watched the doorknob twist and the door swing open to be greeted by his polished looking father.

"Have you gotten any sleep? You look like shit," Mister Jeon noted bluntly, causing his son to sniff.

"I just woke up and you expect me to look ten out of ten? I think that's just a you thing," Jungkook said in response with mock edge, causing his father to shake his head with a small smile.

"So," Jungkook started, sitting up on his bed. "What brings you to my dungeon?" he questioned.

"I have to go to work but I won't be here to make you dinner," Mister Jeon explained in short as he toyed with his cuffs absentmindedly.

Jungkook shrugged. "And? Nothing new. I always have to make my own meals."

"Well, I'm going out for dinner with somebody. So I probably won't be home tonight at all," he said flatly as he peered down at the large watch on his wrist, adjusting his glasses.

Jungkook's brows furrowed, his interest suddenly piqued. He scratched at his head, lips pursed as he stared at his father. "Who? You haven't been out to dinner with anyone since you last went with mom, which was... a long ass time ago," he concluded before yawning sleepily.

Mister Jeon sighed. "Must you cuss with every statement? And it's none of your business, Jungkook," he denied bluntly.

Jungkook shrugged. "Whatever, I guess. As long as you guys don't keep me up at night."

Mister Jeon rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I have to go or else I'm going to be late. Make yourself useful and clean the pool out on your day off. The wind storm last night blew leaves all over the lawn," he demanded rather monotously as he tugged down on his suit jacket. "See you tomorrow." And with that, Jungkook was left to sit in his own silence. He honed in on the sounds downstairs, hearing the echo of the front door closing resonating within the four walls of his home. The brunette sighed heavily, standing up.

Jungkook scratched at his head as he stumbled out of bed, taking this time to look into the house next to his. He was hoping to see Jimin perched at his computer desk, but was glad that he was getting the sleep that he needed. The brunette yawned sleepily yet again as he strode to his bathroom, making quick work of brushing his teeth. It wasn't long before he padded down the stairs, eager to sate his hunger and silence his grumbling belly. However finding Hoseok seated in his livingroom evidently created a shift in his plans.

"Hoseok, what are you doing in my house?" Jungkook asked once he reached the bottom of the stairs, face drawn in with a composite of curiosity and disbelief.

Hoseok stood from the couch, brushing at his nape. "I kind of snuck in after your dad left," he told while staring up at the brunette with hooded eyes.

Jungkook sighed. "Listen, Hoseok, I know we're friends, but--"

"Friends?" Hoseok questioned curtly, and as a result cutting Jungkook off. He stared at the latter with confusion sculpting his current expression, lips parted.