~Chapter 3~

"What are you doing?" I lean back away from him.

     "I-I uh... I-I could barely see your f-face, so I was leaning in to get a better l-look?" He stutters, squinting to try and make his lie believable.

     I sit here, confused, considering the room is lit up, and I can clearly see his face with no problems.

     I decide to peak in his mind, only to quickly regret it.

     "You were trying to kiss me!?" I confront him, standing up and walking away from him. I walk to the stairs, wanting to leave. "I should've known what would happen, bringing a trigger-happy fly-boy like you into my house!"

     He smacks himself and starts following after me.

     "I thought we were having one of those moments!" Poe tries to explain himself.

     "I just met you!" I shout, grabbing my jacket from the coat rack and throwing it on.

     "Look, I'm sorry, okay?" He apologizes to me, trying to stop me from going.

     "Wait why am I the one wanting to leave? This is my house, you leave!" I point to the door. I open the door and start to push him out of my house.

     "Y/N come on! I need your help, please!" He begs.

     "One minute to talk, go," I threaten him.

     "I need to get back to my base on D-Qar. My droid has an important piece of a map leading to Luke Skywalker himself! He's lost on this planet and I need to tell my General so that she knows and she can get him! You have to help me get out of this desert wasteland!" He quickly explains.

     "Luke Skywalker?" I stop in place. I haven't heard that name come out of someone's mouth in so long.

     "Yeah, do you know him?" Poe wonders.

     "He was my master, fourteen years ago," I reply. I think for a moment. I do have that badge that can help us rent a ship and get out of this place, but no way am I doing this for free.

     "Okay fine, I'll help you, but you have to help me in return," I smirk, extending my hand to make a deal.

     "I don't like where this is leading," He mutters.

     "You teach me how to become a pilot for the Resistance, and you've got a deal," I smirk.

     "No can do," He waves his hands.

     "How come?" I cross my arms.

     "I'm not training anyone anymore. I'll just find someone else who will help me out," He replies, walking past me to the door and opening it.

     "Oh, what a shame, it's not like I'm possibly the only one on this desert wasteland that has a certain badge to rent a ship and get out of here or anything," I complain loud enough so he can hear me.

     Poe stops dead in his tracks, the door still open and one foot out of it.

     "Those still exist?" He questions, turning his head to me.

     "Uh-huh," I pull out the badge from my pocket and show him. "So do we have a deal or not?"

     Dameron looks hesitant not sure of what he should do.

     "Close the door," I order him in a playful voice.

     He grumbles to himself, closing the door and surrendering.

     "So where will we get a ship?" He asks me.

     "I know the perfect person who can help us," I tell him.

.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

     We arrive at the trading post where Unkar Plutt does his bidding. I stand in line, Poe next to me.

     "Will this actually work?" Poe asks.

     "Yes, it will, just trust me," I snap at him.

     Before we arrived I made sure to pack all my belongings in my leather bag. I may never come back to Jakku.

     We both wait in line for a while until the person ahead of us finally leaves.

     "Hello there, I was wondering if you could help us out in a certain predicament," I tell him.

     "What do you want?" Unkar annoyingly questions me.

     "I think you can figure that out for yourself," I ask, pulling out the badge and showing it to him. He looks at it closely and then goes out the back door. He starts leading us toward a gated area with many air-crafts inside.

     "Well, which one pilot?" I nudge Poe.

     "I'll have to take a look around to make my decision," he replies, a bit in a trance. I nod and he starts walking around the area. I spot a ship that looks very familiar to me.

     "Hey, which one's that?" I ask Unkar.

     "That's the Millenium Falcon," He tells me. The falcon! That's Han Solo's aircraft, I remember. News travels slowly on Jakku, but I try to keep myself informed with all the gossip in the village, the hologram news in the main square, and Rey teaching me everything she knew or heard of. I mainly knew a lot about the past thanks to Master Luke telling me and Ben giving me stories that his parents told him.

     I start walking up to it until I was interrupted by Poe shouting at me.

     "Hey! I found one! Let's get going!" He points to an old J-Type Star Skiff and I start walking toward him.

     "Holy crap, this ship is from the Clone Wars! It looks practically new," my eyes widen.

     "Hey! What about the badge?" Unkar extends his hand. I take out the badge but suddenly stop.

     "How do we know you're not messing with us and this ship is no good? Let us check it out first," I reply and start walking inside. Poe was already inside starting up the ship.

     "Looks like it's in good condition," He tells me. I take out the badge and place it in my left pocket. I then take out a decoy badge and place it in my right pocket.

     "Where did you get that fake one?" He asks me.

     "Good question, for another time," I imply and walk back down the ramp to the trader.

     "Here you go, as we promised," I dig my hand into my right pocket and throw it to him. "Now, give me the tracking device on this ship, and I'll take my leave."

     "Here," He hands me a small remote with a screen and I stuff it in my bag. I walk back up the ramp and press the button for the ramp to close.

     "Oh and also," I start. The trader looks at me, confused. I place my hand in my left pocket and show it to him. "This is the one you're looking for."

     Unkar looks back down at the badge and smashes it with his hand. It broke instantly and he looks up at me angrily. The ramp closes and I place the badge back in my bag.

     "Did he fall for it?" Poe asks. I jump because I didn't know he was behind me and look at him.

     "Yes, he did. But next time, warn me if you're going to scare me like that," I reply and push past him.

     "But where's the fun in that? And also, if you're going to be a pilot, you'll have to be ready for any jump scares," He says, following me into the control room. He starts pushing buttons and flipping switches. The aircraft starts to float off the ground and sooner or later we were in space.

     "Mind if I jump us to Light-Speed?" I reply. He nods his head and I start pressing smaller buttons. I wait for a few seconds and then push the lever.

     "So where's our next destination?" I ask Poe.

     "D-Qar, the Rebel Alliance base."