Chapter Three

Trigger Warning, talk of ab*se, and s*xu*l ab*se.

Adrian, Salem, and Levi walked towards Braxton's house. Salem being the one to help Adrian cross streets and avoid odd terrains. "These dumb fucking crutches!" Adrian cursed as he accidentally hit one against a rock.

"Adrian, calm down. It's alright," Levi replied.

Adrian huffed, "No it's fucking not!"

"It's the crutches or a wheelchair Adrian," Salem said, "There's nothing that we can do about it." Adrian groaned, he hated the crutches, sure, but a wheelchair he would despise. With the crutches he still had some independence, and if people make fun of him for being a cripple now, what would they say about a wheelchair?

"I fucking wish I had lost my leg. A prosthetic would be easier than this shit."

"You would hate yourself even more if that had happened Adrian," Levi said.

"He has a point," Salem said. The three had crossed into the 'bad' side of town. All of them lived in that half of town, except for Maddox and Lucas. Lucas was closer to the middle of town and Maddox lived uptown with all the other rich families. The three were able to find their way to Braxton's easily, all having gone there many times. 

Levi didn't bother knocking, he just entered, "Sup Bitches!" The four in the room quickly looked over to them. Maddox was doing something on his phone, Braxton and Zeek were talking and Lucas was working on homework.

"So Salem can last more than ten minutes, good to know," Lucas joked. Salem stole Levi's beanie and threw it Lucas at full force.

"Hey! That's mine asshole!" Levi said, his manbun now visible, he quickly got his beanie back and put it on. "What were you guys up to while we were gone?"

"Nothing," Zeek said, "I was talking about some new recipes I found."

"That's boring," Salem said, sitting on the ground by Maddox, "You need more hobbies Ezekiel."

"You need a personality trait besides your religion," Zeek shot back.

Salem's eyes seemed to flame up, "You need to function without being fucking higher than the sky."

"You need a fucking functional family!" 

"HEY!" Braxton shouted, "Knock it off right now you two. I'm not dealing with your bullshit. Apologize now."

"Sorry," Zeek said, arms folded across his chest.

Salem rolled his eyes. "Now Salem!"

"Fine! Sorry, Whatever!" Salem said, far from pleased though.

Maddox had gotten up to help Adrian sit down in a chair, leaning Adrian's crutches against the nearby wall. "What were you guys doing?"

"Walking," Adrian said.

"Bullshit, not with your leg," Lucas replied, finally looking up from his work and looking over towards Adrian. "I'm not dumb. If you guys were walking that long you would be winded Adrian." Adrian rolled his eyes as he carefully adjusted his knee brace. It really didn't do much to help him, but it made it so if he had to stand for a few moments he could. 

"We were walking, how else would we have gotten here?" Adrian replied, clearly upset with the implications Lucas had. Sure, his leg was fucked, but he could walk!

"One day without fighting, can you people go one goddamn day??" Braxton asked. 

"Whatever Dad," Adrian replied. 

Maddox sighed, "I gotta get home guys. I need to clean up from my Dad's party still." Adrian immediately grabbed Maddox's arm and whispered something to him, concern written across his face. "I'll be fine Adrian. I'll call you if anything happens."