Chapter Twenty-Nine

When Monday came the whole group was scattered mentally. Zeek was the one to carefully examine Austin's neck. Zeek signed softly and just gave him a small smile. Salem could feel his blood boil at the thick bruise on Austin's throat, he could tell that Austin had been choked with a belt. "I'm considering condoning Maddox's previous statements now."

Austin rolled his eyes some and went to say something, getting cut off by Ryan. "Dude, don't. Talking could make this worse. Fix your collar." Austin carefully fixed his turtleneck and the spiked collar he wore.

"I just realized that you always completely hide your neck," Micheal said. "Usually having makeup too."

Austin typed on his phone and showed the message to Micheal. Yeah well I usually have bruises there. Just not this bad.

"Zeek you speaking again yet?" Salem asked.

I would've been, Zeek signed, If my mom hadn't shown up yesterday.

"Gross," Adrian said, "When we hire the hitman for Austin's dad, can we put her on the list too?"

Please!

"We are not hiring hitmen," Braxton said, "We have a Salem and Gabe, hitmen are unnecessary."

Jaxson looked at Salem, "So you really take out someone's knee?"

"They insulted Adrian," Salem said, "Figured they might want to understand what they condemned."

Jaxson smirked, "Is that what you said to Micheal and Gabe to get them to date you?"

Micheal nodded some, "Pretty damn close."

"Yeah just about," Gabe said, "It opened a door that led to some... choices."

"I warned you both," Salem said, "I said 'Hey, I'm a shit person and a shit influence' and you both just liked the bad boy idea." Micheal went to object before pausing and just shrugging. Adrian rolled his eyes, carefully leaning against a wall. "How's your leg Adds?"

Adrian looked at Salem, "Not as bad as the first few months after the crash but pretty close."

"Well you should be in your wheelchair still," Shawn said, "You're just a pussy."

"It's too much work to deal with, especially with getting to school," Adrian said, "If you want to go get it and bring it here then fine." Shawn looked at Adrian and saw that Adrian was being serious.

Shawn looked at Zeek, "Will you drive me?"

To piss off Adrian? Zeek signed, Anytime Pastel Delight. Salem translated so Shawn would understand and Shawn smiled and kissed Adrian's cheek.

"You'll be called out of class when we get back," Shawn said, "Mike, keep him out of trouble please."

Micheal smiled, "Got it." Shawn and Zeek walked out of the building and Adrian glared at Shawn's back.

"I hate him."

"You're dating him!" Braxton said.

Adrian looked at Braxton, "So are you!"

"I don't hate him," Braxton said, "He did the exact same thing I would." Everyone sighed. When lunch rolled around later in the day, Adrian's chair had been moved and instead Adrian was sitting in his wheelchair, not exactly happily, but he wasn't standing.

Salem looked at Adrian, "Quit pouting and grow up."

"I hate being a cripple," Adrian said, "Cutting my leg off is looking real good right now. At least with a prosthetic I would be able to stand without issues."