You're the One

I don't believe that we were put together not to be together
And I don't believe there's anyone out there that can love me better
I don't believe that you know how much I miss seeing your pretty smile.
Of course we had our ups and downs
But I gotta have you around me cause
You're the One| Dondria

Dream
"Mario are you out here?" I asked him while I sat on FaceTime with him eating some Oreos.

"Yes ma'am, I am." he said and I clapped happily.

"Okay because we have to hang out, I haven't seen you in long time." I said with a pout. "You said that youn were going to call me to hang out and you never did. I kind of want to fight."

"Why would you fight me knowing you're going to win? You think that's a fair fight?"

I nodded. "Yes because you should have been hung out with me by now."

"I be having to work. I don't even be out here unless they have me work out here. I usually go to Indiana or Texas. That's where the money at."

"Oh you're a traveler. That's cool."

"It gets tiring. I'm actually at work right now and my break is almost over."

I frowned. "Okay. I'll talk to you later."

"I'll text you when we can hang out."

"I'll believe it when I see it." I laughed and he mugged me.

"I'm not doing it now."

"You're so mean. It's okay, I'll find another Culver's buddy."

He gasped. "Then Imma let my mother know and y'all are going to have some problems."

"You're a literal snitch." I shook my head. "Go ahead and go do some work." I said and we both threw up the peace sign before hanging up.

I made my way to the back where Dillyn was watching the kids as they played in the pool.

"Look at Dill on Uncle duty." I said sitting next to him.

He laughed a little. "They waned to get in the pool so I let them."

"I can't wait until you have some kids. You're going to be an amazing dad."

"Thank you. But Ion even want no kids if I'm being honest with you. Imma be cool with my niece and nephew and whatever monster you having." he said and I gasped holding my heart.

"Now that would possess you to say something like that? I'm definitely telling Mom." I said getting up going in the house.

"Dream I was just playing!" he called from outside.

"Mom, you're rude piece of nothing of a son just called my baby a monster." I stomped into the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, but he's been messing with you your whole life. You didn't expect him to mess with your kid? Even I seen that coming." she said and I couldn't help put to laugh because she was right.

"This house is a whole mess." I said grabbing some noodles and some eggs.

"What you about to do with all that stuff? Don't be in there wasting food because you don't ever feel like going to the store." she fussed.

"I'm just trying something that I seen on TikTok. The baby told me that it wanted to try it so I'm doing it for the baby."

"Now you and I both know damn well that baby ain't tell you that it wanted that. I'm not playing with you Dream, when it's time to go to the store you taking your ass to that store."