Best Life

Said I'm livin' my best life
Made a couple M's with my best friends
Turned all my L's into lessons
You see the whip pullin' up, it's like "skrrt"
Dreams pullin' up, I'm like "skrrt"
I'm livin' my best life
It's my birthday, at least that's what I'm dressed like
Best Life| Cardi B & Chance The Rapper

Dream
B's cried filled the room causing me to groan. It felt like I had only just went to sleep. I got up grabbing him kissing his face. I went downstairs and put his bottle in the bottle warmer while I changed his pamper.

I looked at the clock that read 4:11 AM.

"You're up an hour early, for why little baby? For why?" I asked him checking the milk before putting it in his mouth.

I sat in the rocking chair with him and rocked him slowly while he ate looking at me with his pretty brown eyes. My baby was literally perfect. I couldn't ask for a better baby, with his beautiful chocolate skin.

After he finished his bottle, I burped him and it was obvious that him and sleep wasn't finding him so I turned on the T.V for him and we watched Mickey Mouse. The things that you do for your children because I hated this show, but it caught his interest.

"Let's show Snapchat how you up like you got to work an early shift or something." I said recording him and he just looked at the T.V not paying me any attention.

6 AM rolled around and he had finally went to sleep, so I went back upstairs. Once I laid him in his crib, I got back in the bed and Lucas grabbed me cuddling me causing me to smile.

"I didn't even know you were gone."

"I'm surprised you didn't hear him cry."

"I was in a deep sleep."

I laughed. "I guess it's true what they say, mothers become light sleepers when they have babies."

"Hell yeah. I ain't hear shit but my dream." he laughed.

"Your breath stinks." I covered his mouth.

"You ain't never just try to come for me like that. Especially now because your breath smell like ass. Fat head ass." he said pushing me away and I laughed

"If you want to fight me, just say that. Swing if you really want to get it cracking up in here.

"I'm not trying to wake the baby up so I'm not even about to start nothing. Well, I ain't even start the shit. You started with me."

"Just go back to sleep." I said closing his eye lids and he bit my finger. "You're giving me very much wild and need to be caged animal vibes. I'm about to call pest control on you."

"Nigga you mean animal control?" he said making a face.

"No, pest control. You're a bug that I need to get rid of."

"But you just called me a animal. You don't even make sense. Just go yo weird ass back to sleep."

"I can't go to sleep. I'm up now. And I want some coffee. Can you go to Starbucks?" I asked.

He closed his eyes and started snoring, trying to act like he was sleep.

"You can't be serious right now." I said shaking him and he still played sleep. "It's cool. I'm doing it by myself. And I'm not coming back in time to cook or nothing so you're just going to be hungry."

When I got up, he grabbed me trying to get me to lay back down. "Stop playing. You can't starve me."

"Watch me. And I'm taking B with you. You're going to be bored."

"You need to give me my game back." he groaned and I rolled my eyes.

"Nope. Now I'm mad about it all over again."

I had took his game because he was playing the game and wasn't paying attention and burnt a pizza and almost let Bless fall off the couch.

All this happened while I went to the store. I was only gone about 30 minutes.

"Okay, I get that but you ain't got no real reason to be hiding my game. All of us are safe and ain't got nothing wrong with us."

"Bro, you almost burnt the house down. Then what?" I asked brushing my teeth.

"Home owners insurance?" he asked with a laugh.

———

"Mommy! Help me please!" I called out walking into the house. The car seat and the diaper bag was slipping. I didn't want to risk dropping B and the glass bottles.

"How the hell?" she asked coming over and helping me by grabbing the car seat.

"He's heavy, the bag heavy, I was tripping i. the door and everything." I sighed putting the bag down.

"You hurt his feelings saying he heavy. He's average baby weight." she said and I laughed at her.

I sat on the couch and she did too taking him out the car seat and kissed him. The relationship she had with him was definitely elite.

Every time I brung him over, you could see the glow shining in her face. That always warmed my heart.

"How's he been sleeping?"

"What's sleep to him?" I asked with a laugh. "He has us on a schedule. I'll be glad when he's sleeping through the night though. I would really love to have a night of full sleep."

"You'll have that fulfilled in a few months. They say the first year of motherhood is the hardest. Some say even when you have another kid."

"Was it that way with you?" I asked.

She nodded. "Yeah. With Dillyn, I felt like I would never sleep again. He would keep me up all through the night. I even went to the doctor because I thought something was wrong with him because he wasn't sleeping through the night when the doctors said he would. Now, all that nigga do is sleep." she said and I laughed.

"With Damia, she was my easiest. It was like she was everything that I wanted when it came to Dillyn."

"I'm highly offended." I said and she laughed. I didn't think it was that funny but I couldn't help but to laugh with her.

Her laugh was contagious and when you're around her, she always made you laugh just off of her laugh.

"You had me thinking something was really wrong with you. You wouldn't even talk to us. You wouldn't even like to be around people. You only talked when you wanted to. We couldn't bribe you with anything to make you do something. You had to want to do it."

"I mean, I'm still kind of that way now." I said and she nodded.

"Yeah, but you're more open now. Back then, you wouldn't even talk to us. You would be playing with your little toys and your fake babies and we would ask you stuff and you would simply shake your head yes or no. And then you would come out of no where like, "I need food."." she laughed and I laughed too.

"What if he's like that? I wouldn't know what to do."

"I don't think so. I think he'll be like your dad." she said with a smile and I smiled too looking at them. "How are you and Lucas?"

"We're good. We've been talking about planning the wedding and stuff. I think I want. to just do it court house style then do something after it. I don't think I want anything big because we just got a house and everything so.."

"I'll pay for your wedding. You have no limit."

"I can't let you do that." I shook my head.

"No, you can't let me do anything. But I'm doing it. If you want a big wedding, I'm going to do that. I'm your parent. That's what I'm here for."

"I hear we planning a wedding." Damia said coming downstairs.

"Let's get too it then." Kayla said behind her.

Once they came, I knew it was no backing out of it. But, I planned to pay everything back.

-hell nah, it ain't edited💙-