Butterflies Pt 2

Let's go everywhere together
Turn two years into forever
We'll make diamonds under pressure
And turn the pain into pleasure
I wanna have your last name, no matter how long it takes
You always make me feel so safe
And that's how I know, you're worth the wait
Butterflies Pt 2|Queen Naija

Kayla
I watched as 'Loni helped her little brother on the swings. She was such a big girl now and I couldn't believe it.

"Remember don't push him too high." I said.

"I got this." she said and I put my hands up in defense.

"Okay big girl." I said and sipped my coffee.

This was my life now, a mom. I wasn't worried about much nowadays, just ways on how I can better myself for my children and how to keep my children safe. Mom life is honestly the best life.

"So you ain't see me calling your phone?" Cane said coming around the corner and I shook my head.

"No. Do you see a phone out here? You now I don't use phones when I'm watching my children outside." I said still looking at them.

"Anyways, give me a kiss." he said bending down to kiss me and I turned my face so he kissed my cheek.

"You're not my boyfriend this week. Where are you taking him today?" I asked as 'Loni brung Karter from the swing over to his father.

"My mom wants to see him today. You know she been asking about you right?" he said with a smile.

His momma loved me and I loved his momma. I got along with her more than I got along with her son. Ms Linda don't play when it comes to me and my kids. She'll chew Cane out in a quick second when it comes to us.

"Ouu come on 'Loni, we about to go see Ms Linda. Come on, let's go change your shoes." I said going into the house with her before popping my head back out the door. "And just because I'm going to see your momma doesn't mean you get to be my boyfriend again. You still in the dog house."

He laughed coming in the house closing the door. "I didn't even do anything. Go get a juice buddy." he said and Karter went to the fridge and waited on 'Loni.

"Yes you did. Now all of a sudden you don't remember calling me a hot sauce packet when I cussed you out for eating my last fruit cup."

He laughed even harder. "You get on your period and be mad at the whole world except for the kids. That's the only time I ever wish I was a kid again, when you on your period."

I hit him with the pillow. "Fuck you."

Even though we wasn't always cool, that was my homie. He gave me another piece of life to watch grow and I couldn't thank him enough for that. Plus he's such a great dad that sometimes I cry. I was happy with this, this was my happines and why I'm considered Blessed and Highly Favored.

Damia
"Go, Kani, Go!" I hyped him up as he danced on TikTok.

"Come on Dreya." he said waving Taidreya into the video and she happily came in.

Kani and Dreya had became like best friends and it was like he liked her more than me. I was fine with that at first and then we broke up. Now I don't like her but my kid do so, I had to suck it up.

"Kani make like one more because we have o go to Ma's house. She's got some Chick Fil A." I said and he grabbed the phone so fast without even finishing the video.

"I gotta go, maybe tomorrow." he said hugging Taidreya's legs before grabbing his bag and running to the door.

"I can't believe he traded on me for some food." she laughed shaking her head.