homerun

The ball came rushing into Jinsoul's direction. With all her might, she swung the bat as hard as she could. When it bounced off, the ball wasn't anywhere in the field. She had hit another home run. Though it seems the only person who was satisfied with the ball going over the fences was Jinsoul.

"Jinsoul!"

"You've got to be kidding me! Again?!"

"Soul! Can't you tone it down a bit!? We're only practicing!" Shouted Haseul, Jinsoul's best friend. Jinsoul didn't bother listening to her teammates' complaints, "I think I've hit my farthest!"

"Okay, fine. Congratulations but we only have 4 balls left!" Mingyu, the batter who was supposed to go bat after her, whined. The sound of a whistle made everyone turn their heads to Coach Taecyeon.

"Calm down everyone. Jinsoul, that was an astounding hit, but please," he pinched the bridge of his nose, sighing, "please consider the fact that we've lost a lot of balls to your home runs."

Jinsoul smiled innocently, "I'm just too good, coach."

"Saying that isn't going to get the ball back, Soul."

She frowned, finally giving up on trying to boast. "Okay, I'll go get it."

"Did they not start practice already?" The blonde asked the girl behind her. The latter shook her head, "no, I don't think so. the only person who's in the studio is probably Heejin."

"Gosh, Chaewon. What am I going to do with them?"

"Maybe stop being so strict? Jungeun, I know a competition is coming up but we've been working nonstop lately." Chaewon answered, trying to reason with her captain. Jungeun sighed, "maybe, but I'm just scared that- gah!"

Jungeun had collapsed backwards, not before a loud thud, and her scream. Chaewon, who only stood there, looked down at her friend, "oh shit, you okay?!"

Jungeun's vision was blurry, only getting to make out Chaewon above her. Her head wasn't in the best condition yet she doesn't take long to say, "I got hit in the head by god knows what, and you ask if I'm okay? Chae! No shit I'm not okay!"

Chaewon just chuckled uncomfortably, rubbing the back of her neck. She decided to just help Jungeun get up. "Is it bad..?" The older touched her forehead, flinching when she felt it sting a bit.

"Ouch," was Chaewon's first words, "Uh, at least you can cover it up with make up..?"

The other was frightened by Chaewon's words. "What hit me anyway?"

Chaewon walked into a bush, trying to find something, "whatever it was, I saw it bounce off here." She tried feeling it out when-

"Oh damn," she brought it up for the other to see, "It's a baseball."

Jungeun blinked, "No shit." Chaewon sucked in an "oops." Suddenly Jungeun could visualize the impact a baseball could have on her forehead.

"Oh my god, Chae."

"Huh?"

"It's that bad isn't it?"

Chaewon smiles apologetically before biting her lip, slowly nodding her head. Jungeun's hands made their way at tugging her hair. "What am I going to do!?"