of reunions

"That's," Yerim sighed out in disbelief, "that's my cousin."

"Please show us your face! Fishtank girl is Kim Hyunjin of The National Baseball Team!"

"Yeah," Jiwoo said. They watched the clip over and over again because one, they just still couldn't process this. Two, because neither of them knew Hyunjin had such soft vocals? Jiwoo swore that when she heard the baseball player sing she didn't even sound like the last time they had talked.

And three, at the end of the clip, the host asked her, "now, obviously you're here for a reason."

"yes!" she answered giddily, "the team had just gotten back from the states for special training, and next month we have a friendly match with a local team! It'll be fun and I hope everyone will be able to see it!"

"Ah! Hear that everyone? The National Team is back and they're better than ever! And they'll be playing!" The clip had stopped then.

"That's my cousin!" After a while Yerim said again. Well, she almost growled it out. She groaned before fumbling for her phone. Jiwoo watched with curiosity just what Yerim was up to, but she got a pretty clear idea when the purple haired girl pressed her phone up to her ear grumbly.

"Hello? Hyunjin, What the FUCK!"

Jiwoo giggled a little, she rarely has ever seen Yerim this aggressive before.

"Why didn't you tell me you were already back?! asshole!" of course the times that she did see Yerim this aggressive was always because of Hyunjin. Her sweet, cheerful self had no mercy when it comes to her cousin, not that she doesn't love her, though, "what do you mean I would've hinted it on my tiktok? you follow my tiktok?!"

Just then Jungeun walked in, ever confused at the scene of Yerim screaming about the other line following her tiktok. She gave Jiwoo a questioning look. "Apparently Hyunjin follows her tiktok?" she whispered when Jungeun was close enough.

"Hyunjin?"

"Wait, you haven't heard?" Jiwoo quickly pulls up the video they just watched, "the fishtank girl from last night. It was Kim Hyunjin, the teams back from the states and they'll be playing next month."

"And look!" Jiwoo pointed to pause the video where Hyunjin's face was clearly shown, "she is pretty! I was right."

"wait, wait," Jungeun had to laugh. This was all easily falling into place, "they'll be playing?"

"yeah."

"next month?"

"mhmm."

Jungeun stops to think, "would you say the game is a big deal...?"

"Of course it is, the national team is home," Yerim interrupted. She finished the call with Hyunjin while the two were talking, "the revamped team as they said. Of course fans will want to see just how good they are."

"But I just can't believe Hyunjin had the audacity to not tell me!" Yerim continued to whine, but Jungeun didn't continue to listen.

"There's this baseball game some time next month. Apparently it's a pretty big deal."

Jungeun exhaled softly at realizing she would be performing for the National Team. She'll be performing for—

"Jungie, you okay?" Jiwoo made her snap out of it.

"What? Oh, yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." No, Jungeun didn't want to to hope for so much. She shoved that feeling to the back of her mind yet again, "Yerim, have you finished the choreo?"