goodbyes

Sooyoung smiled as she held onto Jiwoo's hand, "this is nice."

Jiwoo squeezed her grip, "yeah. it is."

They strolled down the lane, enjoying the soft wind blowing on their faces that came with the river they walked along side with. Jiwoo felt warm inside. Sure, this might be the last time they get to go on a date, but she—even though confused at first— was happy Sooyoung processed the whole situation well. She just doesn't know how her girlfriend does it. For all she knows, the day she told her she'd be leaving she came back to the dorm crying in Chaewon's arms. It kept bugging her, and she wasn't one to keep quiet about her inquiries. "I never expected you to be so calm about this, Soo."

"Huh?"

"How you deal with all this...it's crazy to me you're not getting emotional," Jiwoo frowned. Sooyoung smiled and pulled at their hands to pull Jiwoo closer, "who said I didn't get emotional?"

Jiwoo slowed down her walking to look at her girlfriend, bewildered. "Hyejoo caught me crying in the storage room," Sooyoung confessed. The thought of Sooyoung sobbing in a room, surrounded with shelves of baking goods and ingredients made Jiwoo frown. "But it's okay, I realized I have to be strong."

She leant down to kiss Jiwoo's forehead, "for you." that made Jiwoo a red mess.

"And, you know it wouldn't be so bad to have a celebrity promote the shop somewhere in the future," Jiwoo laughed, hitting Sooyoung's shoulder. "What? It's true."

"Ah, okay. When I debut, I'll recommend Vi's Cookies first thing!"

"You're so stubborn!"

"Seriously? Are you seriously doing this right now?" Heejin frustratingly said. She crossed her arms.

"What? Going after my dreams? Is that so hard for you?" Hyunjin asked, just as frustrated.

"Of course it'll be hard for me! And it's not only you. Jinsoul is going. Jiwoo and Jungeun are starting their training periods. Hell, even Ryujin is going!"

"Do you not realize just how hard it'll be for me too?" Hyunjin scoffed, "I'm leaving everything I love behind. Everything! I'm leaving my parents behind, my friends, my team. I'm leaving you!"

Heejin paused, realizing, ".....you love me?"

It was an awkward time to say her first 'I love you', not gonna lie. Hyunjin immediately shut herself up, "well— I mean, of course...you're my girlfriend.."

She calmed herself before saying, "look, I know it'll be hard. For both of us. And I know that we're only fighting like this because we're both stubborn," she chuckled, rubbing the side of her arm. "But I love you, okay? So much, I don't have any intentions of hurting you when I agreed to the offer."

"Hyunjin..." Heejin sat down on her bed, patting the space next to her. Hyunjin seemed to get the idea and sat down as well. As soon as she did Heejin's head fell onto her shoulder, "It's annoying. It's annoying and so frustrating to know that you'll be going. But I won't stop you from pursuing what might actually be your big break. I'm just not sure I can handle knowing you're living your best life while I'm...."

"Hey, no," Hyunjin moved so she could face Heejin, catching both her shoulders, "do not say what I think you're going to say."

Heejin laughed bitterly, "what? That you'll be dating an underachiever like me?"

"You are not an underachiever. If anything, you're an overachiever!" She shook her girlfriend lightly, "Heejin, just because you haven't gotten an offer, or auditioned or whatever, doesn't mean you're an underachiever. You are so talented, and if people don't see that then I don't know what their definition of talent is. Believe me, okay?"

She pulled Heejin into a hug. Heejin hugged back, she didn't even mind when they fell on their sides on the bed. After a few minutes, Hyunjin heard something muffled. "Sorry, what?"

Heejin pulled her head back from Hyunjin's chest, "nothing. Just that I love you, too."

Hyunjin felt her heartbeat quicken, hearing Heejin's giggle, "thank you. I won't try to stop you anymore."

They fell asleep like that, in each other's arms.

"So," Jungeun wanted to cry, but her tears didn't seem like they wanted to come out. at least not yet, "we're... done?"

"Jungeun," Jinsoul smiled apologetically. She thought the purple-ish afternoon sky did wonders to how Jungeun looked. It's a sight she wants to cherish, "I know how much you want to become a performer."

"And I know how much you would love to join the national team," she finishes for her. Jinsoul stepped closer, "thank you for understanding."

She grabbed hold of Jungeun's shoulder, closing in, "thank you, too."

They shared a kiss both would definitely remember. How could they not? They way Jinsoul cupped Jungeun's cheeks and how Jungeun brought her arms to wrap around the older's neck had told them enough emotions to know that they cherish this, and how they will always will.

They pulled apart, and Jungeun gets mixed emotions when Jinsoul giggled cutely, "you're crying." She then pulled her into a hug, letting her continue her crying if she wants. If she didn't, Jinsoul knew she would like the comfort anyway.

The sobs die down, "you're leaving tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah," Jungeun lightly laughs remembering how whiny Jiwoo was when she convinced her to pack a week early. She said 'it's better to be prepared!'.

"I'll miss you."

But Jungeun smiles weakly, retracting her head away, "Jinsoul."

"yeah?"

"I love you, please know that."

"I love you, too."

[a/n]
me, slowly sinking into a writing slump as I decide I wanted write angst : yes this is fine 😐 definitely,,

putting angst in a book I write for what's supposed to be my self indulgence is NOT fun. please no one let me do it again, the softs will come back next chapt!!

everyone have a nice day!!
—maya