distraction

"Jungeun, you have a little something on your face," Jinsoul laughed, pointing towards Jungeun's cheek.

"Huh? where?"

"Here, lemme get it for you," what Jungeun didn't know, is that Jinsoul's thumb that was going to make contact with her cheek only had more frosting on it. She smothered it all over.

"Ah!"

"What? You look prettier!"

"Jinsoul."

"Okay, I'm sorry. Happy birthday, princess."

"Jinsoul!" Haseul yelled snapping the other from her pondering. Thank goodness she has fast relfexes when it came to balls flying towards her at a fast pace, she would've almost ended up like Jungeun when they first-

oh, everything reminds her of Jungeun.

No, no. Get your mind off it.

She was once again snapped out of her thoughts when she felt Haseul smack her repeatedly. "Why are you so distracted today?! I almost hit you twice!"

"Sorry, I-"

"You're still stumped about your girlfriend, are you?" Haseul lifted her eyebrow. Jinsoul smiled apologetically, "is it even right to still call her my girlfriend?"

"Jinsoul..." Haseul started. She felt bad for her, really, "it's okay if you want to think it out first. Hell, I think it's better if you do. I don't want to actually hit you when you're zoning out."

"What? I promise I won't zone out, Seul," Jinsoul raised her tone. Haseul raised her eyebrows at her, "are you kidding me? what you need right now is to think rationally."

"No," Jinsoul practically growled. She didn't know why she was starting to yell, she doesn't even mean it, "what I need is a distraction. Now go get back in position!"

"Jinsoul, listen to me," Haseul barked back, she forcefully took the bat away from Jinsoul, "as your friend and captain I won't let you go on like this."

"Woah, woah, what's with you two?" Hyunjin interviened, stopping her runs around the field when she heard them, "you're kinda drawing attention, guys."

Looking around, Jinsoul did see her teammates starting to look worriedly at their direction. She huffed, "fine. I'll go."

She ripped back the bat from Haseul, stomping away from the field.

"Ugh!" Haseul kicked the loose dirt. "what's up with her?"

"I don't know, but it's obvious she's too furious with me to even talk about it," She sighed, patting the younger to follow Jinsoul, "can you check her out for me?"

Hyunjin nods and runs after in Jinsoul's direction to the bleachers. She found her sitting alone, hands rubbing her head in frustration.

She sat beside her, "uh, hey."

"Do you want to tell me what's bothering you?" The quiet Jinsoul provided as an answer made it clear for Hyunjin, "no? ah, okay."

"I just want to tell you that I'm always open if you wanna talk, you know?" Surprisingly this time, Jinsoul answered. "What is there to talk about? We all know why I'm like this."