somewhere in the future

"No, no, that's not how you do it!"

Jungeun huffed, trying to do the move again, she almost fell down. Jiwoo laughed at her from the corner of the room, enthusiastically watching while snacking on her ice cream.

"Why are you even making me do this? Aren't I supposed to be learning the choreography to my new song?"

"No, you'll eat that right up if I give it to you now," she sighed, there's no way out of this, "now try to do it again, my camera wasn't on!"

"Choi Yerim!" She yelled. Immediately the two other people in the studio laughed aloud. The mood was light, Jungeun didn't even scream in that manner. She huffed, "seriously, can't I just learn the new choreo?"

"Aw, you're no fun, Jungie. And no."

"No? Why not?"

"Because I'm not finished with it! sheesh, I have to modify some details to it first. And I know how much you love your precise details," Yerim crossed her arms, "happy now?"

Jungeun slumps, "how did I go from your dance captain to your student."

"Because your company loves the choreographies I come up with," she smiled, now grabbing hold of Jungeun's wrist, "now come on! I need a partner to make a tiktok with!"

Jungeun groaned, but she let the younger drag her to a near table anyway. She heard Jiwoo scream out, "Oh! I want to try too!"

"Can I come over to your place?"

"Jiwoo we live in the same apartment. Yours is literally down the hallway," Jungeun pointed to the alley of doors. "Yeah, but Chorong unnie told me to update her wherever I go."

"It's in the same building! what difference is it gonna make?" she followed Jungeun to her doorstep, "and since when did you start updating wherever you go? she knows me, woo. I'm sure she won't mind."

Jungeun let her in, setting her bag down on the little sofa she had. She immediately went to the kitchen and got out a few ingredients. Jiwoo seemed to notice.

"you're cooking? make me some," she beamed.

"it's just a sandwhich."

"So? I'm on a diet."

"Exactly. A diet. It has rules y'know, you've had your dinner earlier."

"I'm still hungry! Just make me some."

"Oh so when it's food you don't  listen to Chorong unnie? but somehow when it's about our apartments that are literally 15 steps from each other, you do?"

"Shut up," Jiwoo whined, plopping herself on the sofa. She used Jungeun's bag as a pillow as she grabbed the remote for the TV and turned it on. She switched through the channels, until she found one that was airing a new episode of King of Masked Singers.

By then Jungeun brought the food so she changed her position so they could sit side by side, "ah look! the fishtank girl is pretty!"

Jungeun eyed her friend weirdly, "she still has her mask on."

"Shush! She has that aura, you know? I am 100% sure she is stunning!" Jiwoo said, Jungeun had to remind her she was eating. The words she said was barely caught by Jungeun.