extra : bread girl (2jin)

"Hey, wanna eat out?" A hungry Hyunjin said, showing up at Jinsoul's dorm on a Wednesday night. Normally Jinsoul would've gladly accepted the offer, but at the time it was almost 8 p.m. and she had just washed up.

"Dude, I'm already in my pajamas," Jinsoul referred to her shorts and white shirt with a blue fish pattern on it. "As much as I want to go, I'm too lazy to change."

Instead, the older gave Hyunjin a better suggestion, "hey, what about you go buy some stuff from the convenience store, bring it here and we'll eat it together?"

She managed to wipe the pout out of Hyunjin's features. Now turned into an excited one as she nodded. Jinsoul smiled before heading inside, "hold on, I'll pay for them."

She came back handing the other a few thousand won. Jinsoul yelled to Hyunjin saying that she wanted banana milk as said girl was walking away, when the ding sound of a notification caught her attention. She smiled to herself seeing that it was Jungeun texting her.

"Banana milk, soda, an egg sandwhich, a strawberry sandwhich, tuna kimbap, ramyeon, hot chicken nuggets, uh, what else?" Hyunjin rambled on to herself. She counted the things in her basket, before realising the things she picked out were already more than enough for Jinsoul and her to eat.

She thought something was off though. She gasped when it dawned on her, "of course! bread!"

She gasped again, even louder this time when she remembered the date. There was a type of bread with a special avocado chocolate cream that released just that day and she wanted to try it.

Turning to the bread isle, she frowned  when she saw the shelf completely empty.

Wah, are they really that good? she thought. She saw a girl who was reading through the back of a packaging though. The last one of the special bread.

Hyunjin hoped the girl would change her mind, seeing as the last one was the one she held in her hands. Hyunjin quietly stared at the girl from the end of the isle.

But when said girl turned her head to her, Hyunjin tried to act cool. She immediately turned to the closest shelf to her, pretending to be interested in it. Unlucky for her it was a milk product specifically made for pregnant women.

Well, this is embarrassing.

Hyunjin bit her lip as she continued to look interested. It was better than getting caught staring at a girl for bread.

Not long after, the girl went on with her business. Hyunjin frowned to see that the girl decided to buy the bread anyway. Well, there was always tomorrow. Deciding on a bagel as a substitute she went to pay for the stuff.

Walking out of the convenience store, Hyunjin did not expect the previous girl to be standing right there. She felt chills, because honestly? the girl could have stood in a direction away from Hyunjin. But there she was, staring at the taller as if she could see through her.

Hyunjin was intimidated, but she managed to bow, smiling, when she saw her approaching. Out of her plastic bag she pulled out the bread Hyunjin wanted.

"I saw you eyeing it earlier," she simply said. Hyunjin was speechless, she really thought the girl was going to, I don't know, threaten her?

But the reality was way off from her expectations. "Here," she said again, now extending her arm out for Hyunjin to take the bread.

"I can't just accept this—"

"You're from BB High as well, right? I saw you several times at lunch. You were always eating bread," she cut off Hyunjin's pathetic attempt at declining.

"But still, you bought it first—"

"you know what? you're taking too long, here. Just take it," she forcefully plopped the bread inside Hyunjin's plastic bag.

She continued to walk away, waving, "see you around, bread girl."

And it was then Hyunjin felt something twirl inside of her from the heartwarming action from the—very pretty—stranger.

"She called you bread girl?" Jinsoul snorted trying to eat her kimbap.

Hyunjin blushed, nodding her head. She accepted that Jinsoul would probably continue to tease her the next few days.

"Well, you got the bread, didn't you?" Jinsoul tried to lighten the mood. Hyunjin only nodded again, turning to the packaged bun on the table. As much as she wanted to enjoy it, she couldn't peacefully do so knowing someone else gave it to her.

"I don't know if I can eat it. I mean, I didn't even get a name," Hyunjin sighed. She took another bite out of her half of the egg sandwhich.

"Ooh, I can help you! I know a lot of kids in school." Jinsoul nudged closer to Hyunjin on the bed and yes they were eating on the bed (the empty one though, Jinsoul would cry if food got on hers). "Tell me her features."

"Uh well, her height was not much shorter than me, she has soft like facial features. Oh, and she has a mole next to one of her eye—"

"And we've got the results Hyunnie!" Jinsoul threw her arms up in the air, still holding a pair of chopsticks, "kind bread giving girl is Jeon Heejin! A member of the dance crew."

"How'd you know? Yerim doesn't even introduce me to any of them, except for Chaewon."

Jinsoul blushed, "Jungeun told me about them! Look, she even sent me pictures."

She searched through her phone, before showing Hyunjin a picture of the girl, "it's her, right?"

Hyunjin nodded. "Well, now you can enjoy that bread no problem," Jinsoul said, continuing to ear through the food.

Hyunjin made a mental note to pay back to this Heejin girl.

[a/n]
OKAY SO HEAR ME OUT.
I wanted other relationships to bloom but I didn't want to make a whole other book for each of them, so I decided on extra chapters :D

I think these will pop up more if you want to see more of the other characters' relationships, right now I'm only planning on 2jin but that could change lol.

but uh, what did you think about that? I feel it's a bit rushed,,,

Anyway,
have a good day lovelies~~
—maya