worries

"It was a miracle you guys weren't spotted, huh?" Jiwoo set her lemonade to the table beside her. Jungeun groaned, stopping whatever notes she was pressing on the keyboard. "The fact Eunji unnie even allowed it was a miracle itself."

"How are you feeling?" Jiwoo asked, eyeing the other girl curiously. Jungeun appreciates how Jiwoo cares for her, but she wasn't in the mood to answer to anyone right now. Not when she herself was confused.

"I don't know. I'm just trying to focus on my concert right now," she assured her best friend. The singer was in a haze as she continued to let her fingers play as Jiwoo began to sing with her. It was very therapeutic for Jungeun because as soon as they stopped singing, she was sporting a soft smile.

After a few minutes of just letting her friend continue playing an impromptu piano solo, Jiwoo finally said, "who'll be your guest star this time?" Jungeun paused her movements, before continuing, "not sure. Do you want to?"

Kimlip was known for her tradition of inviting a secret guest star that would come out at her concerts. she's invited all sorts of people. Jiwoo, Yerim, hell, she even once invited Eunji and Mr. Lee to come. It was something that Jungeun would giddily think about as she chose who she would ask next, knowing that her fans would be pleased regardless of who it turns out to be.

But this time Jungeun couldn't think properly, she wasn't as excited to surprise her fans. "You want me to do it?" she nodded. Jiwoo wanted to protest about how Jungeun had a rule that if you were invited you're not allowed to it again in the next 5 concerts. Jiwoo had appeared in her 2nd latest concert. But Jungeun continued to play confidently, as if asking- no, saying that her decision was final. All Jiwoo could manage was nod, "okay."

Jiwoo knew something was wrong with Jungeun. She was worried for her, Yerim could tell from the way the older ranted to her about how she was going to feature in Jungeun's next concert while she followed her dancing instructions. she hummed, listening until Jiwoo had finished. She opted to cheer her up, so she roughened her voice, "that's rough, buddy."

She managed to get a chuckle of disbelief, eyes staring at her like she was crazy. at least Yerim tried, right? "Ah, sorry. What do you think is bothering her?" Yerim started to do another move and Jiwoo followed with a huff. "I know it's not my place to say but-"

"Hold on, lift your left arm further," Yerim watched through the mirror. Jiwoo did and continued when she heard the younger hum for her to continue. "Anyway, I'm like 70% sure this is about you-know-who."

"Please be more specific," Yerim deadpanned, moving on to do a jumping move. Jiwoo looked around the dance studio before lowering her voice, "you know, the national team's batter?"

Yerim stifled a laugh, "you know you can just say her name, right? Jinsoul isn't some wanted criminal on the run." She noticed Jiwoo panting. Maybe having this conversation while teaching her a choreography for a dance cover wasn't the best time. Yerim took a seat and Jiwoo understood immediately. "Fine, I think it's the fact she's met her again. The whole thing about her bringing Jinsoul home made her-" Jiwoo slapped a hand over her mouth. Jungeun told her it was a secret.

Yerim didn't flinch, only lifting an eyebrow, "what? the night of the big game? Don't worry I heard."

"How?"

"Hyunjin's a snitch."

"Ah, right," Jiwoo relaxed, not completely but she kept her composure again. "I'm sure she still-"