D-Day!

Jungeun doesn't think she has ever properly seen the baseball team play. So when she sees how one of the batters were when they walked up to the batter's box, she wondered if it was always this tense.

She could see the other players by the bench to the side. She saw Haseul sitting, her leg bouncing up and down impatiently. Beside her was Hyunjin, seeming just as anxious as her captain, refusing to look at all. She kept her gaze lowered.

She saw Jinsoul standing, hands gripping the diamonds of the fence, she didn't really get to see her expression, though . Jungeun smiled softly, silently sending her a cheer.

"Look!" Heejin made Jungeun turn, pointing at the pitcher. She looked calm. In fact, the whole team showed they're staying calm and holding their composure over on the other side of the field. "She's starting."

Jungeun had wondered just how good the JYP team is. "Strike one!"

The sharp eyed girl smiled, a little too warmly Jungeun thinks. She gets in position again. "Strike two!"

The batter, a boy Jungeun knew as Jaehyun, showed uncertainty. And Jungeun gets it, one more strike and he's out. At least she knew that much. She saw him grip the bat, readying himself. When the pitcher threw the ball, Jungeun sworn she saw him almost hit it, but his timing was late. "Strike three! you're out!"

Replacing Jaehyun in his place was Hyunjin. She held a straight face as she gets in position. Jungeun didn't really know what to expect of the girl. She never knew how good it was.

Come to think of it, she never knew how good Jinsoul was.

The girl on the pitcher's mound, smiled again. Hyunjin sending back a tense nod. "Strike one!"

She saw a scowl from Hyunjin's face. She brings up the bat beside her face again. "Strike two!"

A small smile escaped Hyunjin's lips, and Jungeun wonders why, she definitely didn't hit the ball. The JYP pitcher raised an eyebrow then got into position again.

Unlike the first two throws, where Hyunjin was at least able to get a swing, she didn't even get to do so. The girl had sped up her throwing and suddenly, it was already being caught, leaving a gush of wind trailing behind. "Strike three! You're out!"

She walked out of the field, not looking as annoyed as Jungeun expected her to be. "Aw, she's out!" Heejin pouted beside her, clearly disappointed.

"Oh, look! Jinsoul's up now!" As quick as that Heejin's expression changed again. Jungeun still couldn't see Jinsoul's face as she walked up, nudging Hyunjin a bit as she passed her.

Both Jungeun and Heejin was surprised to see Jinsoul's relaxed face. They watched as she stood her ground, waiting for the pitcher to throw.

Again, Jungeun didn't really know what to expect from Jinsoul, but from what she saw with Jaehyun and Jinsoul, she thought Jinsoul wasn't going to be any different facing this strong pitcher.

Well, maybe she forgot Jinsoul was the ace.

Because the sound of a bat hitting brought Jungeun back to reality, suddenly she didn't see Jinsoul in the batter's box. Instead she spotted the blonde running full speed.

The ball she hit stranded somewhere in the field, and it seemed that the JYP team was also in the same state of Jungeun earlier; they had underestimated Jinsoul. It took them a split second to realize Jinsoul was already closing in on the 3rd base. Before anyone knew it, Jinsoul brought back home a point, smiling widely.

The game continued on, and unsurprisingly JYP had won it. "Aw," Heejin's whine made Jungeun turn to her, "I thought we were going to win."

Jungeun shook her head, "the chances for that is slim. But," She had pointed to where their school's team were coming over to JYP's side. "They don't look like they mind it."