after detention

Jinsoul was trying so hard not to fall asleep while listening to her biology teacher ramble on and on even if he was only explaining one slide off a presentation. She had her chin propped up by her right hand, elbow firmly placed on the table.

After a while she changed her position to lay her cheek on her crossed arms on the table. She still tried to listen in but alas, she fell asleep just as the teacher was about to wrap up the last few slides.

When Jinsoul woke up, she saw someone stand over her. She looked up to see her teacher. She heard the class laughing quietly.

"Had a nice dream, Miss Jung?"

Jinsoul laughed awkwardly, "um, yeah..?"

"Maybe you can tell the detention teacher all about it after school." He said, before slipping her a detention slip and walking away, dismissing the class.

As she opened her locker to take the textbook for next period, Jinsoul groaned. She didn't want to have detention. Not on a Tuesday, where she had baseball practice.

She heard snickering beside her locker door. She saw on the other side of it was Haseul, who had the same class as her. "You look like you just got detention," she joked.

Jinsoul only glared at her for her to realize, "oh, sorry. Does that mean you can't come to practice later?"

The other shrugged, closing her locker for good, "Probably. You guys won't miss your Ace too much, right?" She ended with a bit of boasting. Haseul rolled her eyes from Jinsoul's proud ass of her batting skills.

They started to walk to their class, which was literature. "I'm sure Mingyu would love the attention as the second best batter we have."

They walked into their class as the other students were filling it up.

The rest of the day went pretty normally. Jinsoul leaned back on her seat, stretching when the final bell rung.

"Okay, that's it for today. Class dismissed," her teacher said. Usually, whenever school ends on a Tuesday she'd be quick to pack her things up and leave for the baseball field.

But seeing as she couldn't attend today's practice she figured she'd take things slow. She walked out of the class, heading to the opposite direction of all the other kids. While they head towards the gates, Jinsoul walked towards the designated detention class for the day.

When she opened the door she was expecting a few kids to be present. 3 people at most. But she raised her eyebrows when she saw at least 7 people all sitting. She quickly gave her detention slip to the teacher and went to sit in the back.

Sitting down, she tried to scan the kids before her, even if it's just by their backs. A familiar mop of blonde hair caught her attention.

She sneakily moved to the seat beside the girl. Said girl turned to her, "Jinsoul?"

"Oh, god, Jungeun, it's really you." Jinsoul whispered, smiling in relief.

"What are you doing in detention?" Jungeun asked her. She tried to tone down her voice a bit since they weren't actually supposed to talk to each other during detention.

"I could ask you the same thing. Hm, miss dance captain? that's quite the reputation."

"Oh shut up, look who's talking, Ace."

"Shh! This is detention."

Apparently their voices got to the teacher. It made them lower their heads on their desks. After the teacher was done glaring at them Jungeun took a peek at Jinsoul again.