extra: reclaim (2jin)

Everyone was having a good time, between laughing whenever someone (mostly Sooyoung, Vivi whenever Yerim let's go, and Jinsoul) falls and catching up with each other. Hyunjin grinned widely at the sight everyone else struggling to keep themselves up from time to time. Only she was experienced enough in skating, enough to be able to record multiple falls and her friend's antics while doing so.

She missed this, just letting herself laugh with the people she cares about. In the states, the training the people had prepared for them was ruthless, she remembered her legs almost giving out a few times when doing what seemed like endless laps. She didn't even want to begin to remember accidentally walking in on the sight of a frustrated Jinsoul overworking herself, all sweaty and her eyes puffy, from crying, she guessed? She tried not to think about it, she didn't want to bother the older about it, too. What matters is that she's okay now. She thinks they're okay now.

She smiled again hearing Chaewon's piercing scream in the room, "Hyejoo! Gowon down Gowon down!" Jinsoul's signature loud and short laugh also filled the room.

Yeah, they were definitely okay now.

She was content with this. She didn't really expect to hear another jingle of the bell by the door. She heard Yerim screech out, "You made it!"

And then a voice she recognized in an instant, "of course we did! We didn't want to miss it!"

She thinks she might've skipped a breath seeing who walked in. Well, it was two people, but she was more glued to one of them.

Running her fingers through her hair, as if mentally preparing, she skated over to where the others were already crowding them. "Come on! get in!"

She couldn't even see her clearly, but she could definitely hear her, "You didn't tell me anything about skating, Yerim."

Caught in her own rush, Hyunjin didn't think twice to move past her friends to see her up close, "You can hold onto me."

Everyone else got the silent memo to leave them alone for this one, and Hyunjin was grateful they could read the situation correctly. Upon seeing her Heejin's eyes went wide and her mouth slightly parted. Cute, Hyunjin thinks. With a smile, she lent out her hand, "come on."

Clearing her throat, Heejin hoped Hyunjin didn't notice the red that's sure on her cheeks, "I'm not sure—"

"It'll be okay, I'll be right here."

And somehow, all the nervousness that filled her up from the thought of skating disappeared. Because Hyunjin will be there, and she knows the other girl won't dare let her fall. She was willing to put her trust in her, she placed her hand on Hyunjin's, "okay."

How the taller then gripped her hand securely, and how the smile she offered Heejin was so gentle and warming, filled her stomach up with butterflies, "we'll take it slow, okay?"

"H-Hyun!"

It was stupid, she should've known this would happen, after 45 minutes of smooth skating. She prepared herself for the pain of hitting the floor to hit her harshly. But instead she fell on a....... mushy pillow? no, it doesn't feel like cloth.

wait, this is—

Opening her eyes she didn't think the thing—well, person— she would be landing on was Hyunjin. She was rubbing her head, before opening her own eyes and locking with Heejin's surprised ones, "are you okay?"

"I- uhm, yeah," Heejin wasn't thinking when her hand came up to put it on top of Hyunjin's on the side of her head, "are you okay?"