good news

"Guys! Holy shit, you guys!" Hyunjin ran inside the lockers, where Jinsoul and Haseul were taking out their equipment for practice.

"What? What is it?" Jinsoul turned to her, hands busy with fitting in her glove (she might be the ace batter, but coach wanted her to be more well-rounded). Haseul also turned to Hyunjin after closing her locker shut, "what's up?"

"We got a practice match invite," Hyunjin gasped. Jinsoul's eyebrows rose at interest at the mention, "ooh, from which school? not that it matters, we'll beat them anyway." she smugly smirked.

Hyunjin glared at her, "yeah, this time you might want to actually take practice seriously if you want to beat this particular school. It's JYP High."

"Wait what?" Haseul's mouth hung agape from shock, "what does the most elite baseball team from the most elite high school want from BB High? They're so-"

"Elite, yeah Seul I think we get it," Jinsoul rolled her eyes. "But I guess you're right. As good as we are around here we aren't anywhere close to where JYP is, how'd we get the deal?"

Hyunjin pulled on her collar, "uh, so long story short I went out with Heejin and we accidentally bumped into Shin Ryujin, a JYP player-"

"You went out with Heejin?!" Jinsoul shreeked in excitement. Hyunjin denied, "you're focusing on the wrong part!"

"Anyway, apparently Heejin and Ryujin go way back and uh-" she tugged on her collar again, hesitating to continue. "And...?" Jinsoul asked expectant.

"Heejin bragged about our team to Ryujin and one thing led to another and Ryujin wanted to see just how good we are." Hyunjin said in one breath.

Jinsoul was sure if her mouth hadn't been agape then, it sure was now. Beside her, Haseul was trying to process what Hyunjin had told her, "so basically Heejin, someone who isn't even part of the team, asked for a fight she isn't even participating in?"

"Kind of?" Hyunjin said, still confused with the situation herself, "Ryujin was cool about it, though. She didn't look pissed or anything."

"Coach Taec doesn't know about this does he?" Jinsoul asked. "No, not yet at least."

Jinsoul snorted, turning to Haseul, "well? what do you think cap? we all know Coach will let us do whatever regarding friendly matches."

Haseul sighed, regretting ever wanting to be captain, "it doesn't sound like they're coming for our throats, so I guess we'll accept."

Jinsoul jumped in joy while Hyunjin blinked a few times. They were going to play JYP.

This would be a great chance for me to prove myself as a batter, Jinsoul thought.

"We better tell the others, though. They're gonna shit their pants," Haseul joked.

Jungeun examined the positions of her crew closely. "Yeo I think you should move to the right a bit more."

The annual dance competition was only around the corner, and right now, they were fixing the small details that can do the overall performance wonders.

Jungeun nodded approvingly after Yeojin had slightly moved, "okay, I think that's good. Let's take it from the top."

They were working extra hard, and Jungeun knew, it'll all be worth it. Because she was making sure that this year, B#rn dance crew was going to get that damn trophy. She also made sure her members weren't feeling pressured, she tried to make it as fun as possible, shouting encouraging chants as they practiced. And her attempt didn't go to waste, as the others could be seen laughing and enjoying their time.