~Chapter 9 - FINALE PART 1~

Y/N's POV

     I begin to get ready to leave, throwing a new shirt and my old jacket on. I put on new pants and a strap in my leather belt. I fasten my mother's lightsaber in my belt. I walk over to my desk and stuff any essentials needed into my satchel, and throw it over my arm.

     I open the door to my room and exit out to the deserted hall. I figure people were in the control room, planning something so I decide to sneak in to hear the plan. The hall door opens to reveal the black room with all the hologram tables. A large crowd of people is gathered in the center, surrounding a large holopad.

     "The scan data from Snap's reconnaissance flight confirms Finn's report," I see Poe across the table.

     "They've somehow created a hyper-lightspeed weapon built within the planet itself," another Pilot states.

     "A laser cannon?" another General asks.

     "We're not sure how to describe a weapon of this scale," He replies.

     "It's another Death Star," Major Ematt says.

     "I wish that were the case, Major," Poe types something on the hologram table, pulling up an image. "This was the Death Star." It's tiny when it pops up. He types something again on the keypad. "And this is Starkiller Base."

     The room bursts into whispers about the size difference compared to the new base and the Death Star.

     "So it's big," Han bluntly states.

     "How is it possible to power a weapon of that size?" Admiral Gial Ackbar asks.

     "It uses the power of the sun," Finn explains. "As the weapon is charged, the sun is drained until it disappears."

     "Ma'am," General Aide hands Leia a report.

     "The First Order, they're charging up the weapon again right now. Our system is the next target," Leia sadly states.

     "What?" I mutter to myself.

     "Great," someone next to me rolls his eyes.

     "Oh my, without the Republic fleet, we're doomed!" C3-PO shakes his robotic head.

     "Okay, how do we blow it up? There's always a way to do that," Han asks.

     "Han's right," Leia agrees while Han smiles.

     "In order for that amount of power to be contained, that base has to have some kind of thermal oscillator," Statura suggests.

     "There is one! Precinct 47," Finn moves around the crowd to Poe. "Here." He points out a tiny place in the system while Dameron follows where he's pointing.

     "If we can destroy that oscillator, it might destabilize the core and cripple the weapon," Statura explains.

     "Maybe the planet," Major Ematt butts in.

     "We'll go in there and we'll hit that oscillator with everything we've got," Poe speaks up.

     "They have defensive shields that our ships can not penetrate," Admiral Gial explains.

     "We disable the shields. Kid, you worked there. What do you got?" Han points out Finn.

     "I can do it."

     "I like this guy," Han smiles.

     "I can disable the shields, but I have to be there on the planet," Finn demands.