Geological Evolution: Episode Two

"Silurians!" The Doctor exclaimed too loud and drew attention to himself. "Damn it."

"You will rise," a Silurian pointed a ray gun at him.

"It was a Silurian blaster," the Doctor realised. "I thought all of the Silurian branches had died out."

"You have met our race before," the Silurian grumbled. "This is our planet."

"Not anymore," the Doctor sighed. "I've done this enough times to know that at least one of your race will go rogue and you and the humans can never live happily together on this planet."

"We will take it back!" The Silurian exclaimed.

"How?" The Doctor sighed. "Why are there two worlds on each end of rock pools and why is the rock purple?"

"We will not reveal to you our plans," the Silurian stated.

"Fair enough," the Doctor smiled at it. "Come with me, I can take you and your race to a differant planet so nobody has to die."

"No!" The Silurian had enough. "This is our planet and we aren't giving it up. Fire!"

All of the Silurians fired there blasters which the Doctor dodged.

Then the ground trembled.

The blasts from there weapons had made the ceiling unstable.

It caved in and submerged them and the Doctor.

* * *

I walked out of the pod.

"Woah!" Sandra stopped me. "Why did you leave your pod."

"My clone was shot," I popped out an excuse that I could see annoyed her.

"You are the only person that has managed to kill your clone," Sandra rolled her eyes before returning to her station. "You need to stop being such a liability to the team Anir!"

I sighed. Whenever she uses my first name she means business.

"Okay," I whispered. "What do you want me to do."

"Grow another clone," Sandra ordered. "And when you connect it to the Hive, dont die."

"There's one thing Sandra," I risked saying another sentence.

"What?" she snapped at me.

"When I was on the beach, before my clone died," I started to explain. "I saw a man. Someone that wasnt a clone"

"Well that's impossible," Sandra laughed. "You know that no real human can walk on the purple rock."

"Yeah," I turned and walked through an arch in the wall. "Must have been a glitch in my pod."

Through the arch was another large chamber of which a glowing green egg lay in the centre.

Roots sprouted from the egg and connected to several humanoid shapes in the wall.

I walked up to one of these humanoid shapes and pressed my thumb against his forehead.

The humanoid figure glowed green and when the light dimmed it looked like I was looking at a reflection.

I stared into my own eyes before turning out of the room.

I walked to my giant red glowing pod and clambered in.

"Seriously," Sandra glared at me. "Dont mess up!"

"I wont," I closed a hatch in the pod. "I hope."

Suddenly I was back in the egg chamber.

I walked out of the wall and down a separate corridor.

This corridor led to the beach.

* * *

"Ow," the Doctor moaned as he moved a heavy rock off his knee.

He was trapped between the rocks that had fallen from the ceiling.

Several dead Silurians lay on the floor, visible to him.

Others weren't dead, they were free.

"We obey," both of the Silurians that survived spoke in unison.

"Our commander wants us to take the man to him," one Silurian said to the other. "He may know what happened to our other tribes and he may know valuable information."

"You get the cutting equipment," the other Silurian ordered. "I will locate the man."

"I obey," the first Silurian returned down the corridor as the second one turned and began to search.

The Doctor tried to shift his way out quietly but the large rock ontop of him fell loudly, freeing him but alerting the Silurian.

The Silurian pulled its gun out of its pocket as the Doctor made for the exit.

"Sure you want to use that again," the Doctor yelled as he ran out.

The Silurian paused, put the gun back in its pocket and pursued the Doctor.

* * *

I was climbing across the purple rock when I heard the running.

Speedily, the same man I saw from earlier ran past and bumped into me.

"Woah," he looked at me and raised and eyebrow. "Werent you dead?"

A strange reptile suddenly approached stopping me from answering his question.

We ran fast over the rocks and over the wet sand.

The reptile must have been firing at us as the man pulled us into the same gap in the wall I had hidden in earlier

"Who are you and how are you still alive?" he quickly asked.

"Same right back at you," I frowned, not liking the way he spoke to me.

"I'm the Doctor," he answered me. "And what do you mean?"

"Walking on the purple rock is fatal to humans," I peered around the corner but the Silurian had dissappeared from sight.

"Well I'm not human."

What?

How is he not human!

"How are you not human?" I raised an eyebrow.

"The same way those creatures aren't," the Doctor sighed. "Look, I've answered all your questions, can you please just answer mine."

I thought for a moment.

What if he's an undercover for the people doing this to the beach.

What if he's an undercover for the people doing this to the world.

I cant tell him the reason I dont die otherwise it could jeopardize the whole operation.

"Well?" The Doctor waited intently.

"I cant say."

I seriously can't.
I just can't.

"What?!" The Doctor exclaimed. "I want to help you and I need to know what's going on in order to do that."

Suddenly I felt a strange shuffle from underneath my feet.

"Ah!" I screamed as a hand grasped my ankle.

"Damn," The Doctor cursed as I realised what he had seen.

A circle of hands surrounding us.

"If you die, you can come back cant you?" The Doctor confirmed.

"Yes, but-"

"Sorry," he took one last look back at me as he leaped over the hands and ran away.

Soon, bodies emerged from the sand, then legs.

The reptiles had flanked us.

"What should we do with him?" one of the creatures asked the dominant one.

"Normal procedure," the creatures clearly didnt care. "Kill him!"

Damn!

Sandra's going to kill me.

Zap!