(2) A Piece of Her Past

-a year later-

Tucker was finally able to get Nova a car the summer before her junior year. Once she got out on the road she felt free. It was a 2014 White Dodge Charger.

As she was sitting in the Taco Bell parking lot eating two days after she got her car. She pulled up google maps on her phone.

She swallowed hard as a memory popped into her head.

"Honey can you find a envelope that has come in the mail recently?" The 911 operator said

"Yes. But I only 4 years old I dont know how to read well." 4 year old Nova said

"Thats okay sweetheart. You can just spell everything out to me." The operator said

"Okay..here is one. It says 3-4-50 B-R-A-I-R W-O-O-D A-V-E." Nova said

"Okay honey Ive got emergency responders on the way. Stay with me till the get there." The operator said

"Okay.." Nova said as she sat down and held the phone to her ear as she held her bear and blanket.

Nova wiped tears as she put the address in. Her app started to tell her how to get the house. When she pulled into the gravel driveway she saw the house.

It had been abandoned for years. Nova looked around to see "Mont.." on the mail box. She lifted the mat out side the front door.

"Wow..its still here." She whispered as she picked up the spare house key.

She used it to let herself in. It still had some police tape dangling from the living room entrance. She walked into the room and sat in the spot she did that last night.

"I have missed this place." She whispered.

She got up and began to walk around. When she went into the kitchen she gasped. Dishes untouched as well as the table.

"Oh Gigi loved a clean kitchen. She would be happy to know its still clean." She whispered

The piano room still looking entacted. She finished looking around the downstairs she went upstairs. When she opened her old bedroom she gasped to see all the furniture was still in its place.

"My room.." she whispered as she sat on her bed.

She laid on her old bed for about thirty minutes. After she finished in her room she went down the hall. She opened up her grandparents room and saw that it was still a mess just like that night.

She went across the hall to where her parents room was. It was missing everything but their bed frame and dresser. She went up to the top floor where her playroom was. It was completely trashed because of the deteriating ceiling.

She put the house key on her keys. "I will be back..I have a place to hide now." She whispered as she walked out and locked the door.

She lit up a cigarette as she walked to her car. The last night she was there haunts still to do this day and its been 13 years. She seldomly has nightmares about that night.

She had long forgotten the names of the officers and lawyers that worked her case. And that case still haunts them as well as it was never closed.