(12) A Birthday,Ultrasounds and Drama

It was New Year's eve Bucky and his friends were sitting in the hot tub. He had Lydia by his side he invited her to tag along on the vacation. Nova was sitting alone in the old house by the fire place.

She was watching the ball drop on her iPad. When it struck midnight it was officially her 18th birthday.

"Happy birthday Nova.." she whispered and turned off her iPad to sleep.

Back in France Lydia and Bucky were having sex in their room. It had already been the new year for a few hours there. When he was in the kitchen Mason came in.

"So..are you and Lydia like a thing?" He said

"Uh..yeah. Her family is about to move to Clearwater. She will be attending Parkland after break is over. Lydia and I have always had a connection just couldn't make it work before now we can." Bucky said

"Oh..well thats good. I just figured you would be going back to a player." Mason said

"No..Lydia has always been a girl I wanted to date. Speaking of Im gonna go head back to our room." Bucky said as he left the kitchen.

The next day Bucky saw Natasha and her girls whispering at the ski slopes. Nova had posted her birthday cupcake as she sat at her house. They could tell she had spent her birthday alone.

Bucky walked over to them. "What are you all whispering about?" He said

"Nothing that concerns you." Wanda said as they walked off.

Bucky sighed as he shook his head. "Nova.." he thought to himself.

Two days later Nova was sitting alone at the free clinic. The doctor started to do her first ultrasound.

"This gel will be cold sweetheart. Do you remember when you had your last period?" Dr Jacobson said

"October 10th-Oct.17th." Nova said

Dr Jacobson put in all the dates. She turned on the sound and the heart beat went out through the room.

"Heartbeat sounds good. It is 150. And we are looking at a mid July due date." Dr Jacobson said as she did the measurements.

"You are 11 and half weeks." Dr Jacobson said as she finished up the appointment.

When Nova got home from the appointment. She put the ultrasounds on the fridge. That night after she boiled some water on the wood stove she took a hot bath in the tub.

******************
Two weeks later..

"Welcome to Parkland Academy darlin." Bucky said as she sat beside him on his tail gate.

As they were all standing or sitting there. "Radioactive" by Imagine Dragons was blaring from Nova's car as she pulled in.

Bucky rolled his eyes. She turned off her car as she replied to Natasha's text. Bucky saw Nat texting then he saw Nova texting when she stopped.

He groaned as he walked over to Natasha. He took her phone and saw she was in fact texting Nova.

"I thought I told you to not be friends with her." Bucky said as he read the text messages.

He stopped at two messages one of them that Nova texted Nat as she drove to school.

"I wish you would tell me what it is you needed to talk to Barnes about. Maybe I can help." -Nat

"No it's fine. You said he has a real girl. I don't need anyone I especially don't need him. Im use to being on my own." -Nova

He gave the phone back to Natasha and walked off.