(10) Humilation

The week of Thanksgiving it was a half week. It was a Monday night after Bucky had walked her out to her car. Winnie met him at the door way.

"Honey. If you want you can invite her to go with us to Atlanta this weekend for the Barnes holiday dinner." Winnie said

"Uh no. Nova isn't the type that is use to big formal dinners mom." Bucky said as he went up the stairs.

"It was merely a suggestion sweetheart. You two have been together nearly three months that's the longest you have kept a girl around." Winnie said

He swallowed hard. "I said no mom. Goodnight love you." He said as he went into his room.

The next morning on their way to first period. Mason looked at Bucky as they walked.

"So is Ms princess of the park going to Atlanta with you?" Mason said

"Why is everyone asking me that? No she isn't going with me." Bucky said

"Well..nobody would be asking if it didn't seem you have gone all heart eyes over her." Alex said

"I am not going soft." Bucky said

"Really? So when do you plan on ending this charade?" Colton said

"You three are getting on my nerves." Bucky said as he walked off alone to chemistry.

When it was time for lunch Nova always waited till he came in before she sat at their table. Bucky swallowed hard as he seen her waiting for him to come in. He looked down he had to prove that hadn't gone soft for her.

He didn't know a thing about her she kept her guard up. How could he fall for a girl he knew nothing about.

"Nova.." Bucky said

She looked up at him. The whole cafeteria fell silent.

"This is over. It was all a charade to get you back for humilating me." He said

She looked at him confused. "Did you really think that I would fall for someone like you. You are a girl from the trailer park on a scholarship. I can't be with someone like you so this is over." Bucky said

Tears rolled down her cheek she carefully got up and wiped them. She walked out without a word as her face was red. The whole room erupted in laughter and cheers.

He walked over to his table. "Told you.." he said as he went to get his food.

It didn't take long for the hazing to begin again. But Nova had already left school grounds. When she didn't come into third period Natasha cut Bucky the dirtiest look.

He looked down he sent her text.

"Not that I care. But you are never late to class. Did I embarass you that bad?"

"We are sorry for the inconvience. But this number has been blocked from all calls and messages for the number you are trying to reach. If you feel this is an error trying sending it again."

Bucky shook his head. Mason sat beside him after he deleted the conversation.

"Now you can get back to being the player that you are." Mason said

"Yeah.." he said as history class began.

The next day Nova pulled in at her new parking spot she requested. Bucky seen her when Alex said "Well someone must be so heartbroken that she had her spot changed."

She walked into the school without a word. When she got to her locker it had "Party is over Princess of the Trailer Park."

Natasha and Wanda came up to her. "Oh hey girls. I have stuff in my trunk for you." She said in a low tone.

"Nova.." Wanda said

They followed her out to her car. She gave them back the clothes they had bought her for Bahamas.

"Nova no. Those were a gift." Natasha said

She wiped tears. "I rather not be reminded of any of it girls. Im sorry" she said then shut her trunk and walked off.

Bucky had watched the whole thing when they came back to where their friends were.

"I would advise you to not be friends with her anymore." Bucky said as he lit up a cigarette as he sat on his tailgate.

"Go to hell.." Natasha said as she Wanda Leila and Hope walked off.

"What the hell is your problem? Now you dont have to take in a charity case." Mason said

"What he did yesterday. That was fucking low as hell to do. It was harsh mean and down right hurtful." Wanda said as they stopped.

"It was bound to happen. You all knew my plan." Bucky said

"Of course we did. But to be so mean about it was a dick move." Leila said

When lunch period rolled around she hid in the library. She asked to have her third and fourth periods switched. So when third period rolled she went to foreign language instead of history. And her fourth period was history.

When he seen her after school he was confused. He went into the guidance counselor's office. When he found her class schedule on her computer he saw that Nova had changed her schedule.

He smirked "I embarassed you that bad. Fucking amazing darlin..it worked." He thought to himself.

But that wasn't all that was putting her in such a downer mood. Holidays with the Cornwells sucked cause she was to spend them alone. Marianne and Tucker's parents weren't a fan of them taking her in.

So she lied to them when they asked if she had a friend to stay with. She drove out to the old house that night after they left. Since the house was out away from other houses.

Nova started a fire in the fireplace where she dumped her Bahamas pictures. She also dumped her Halloween pictures as well. While she watched them burn she drank some bourbon and smoked weed from her bong.

Natasha sent her text.

"Are you okay? Im in Brunswick but you can call me if you need me."

"Thanks. Im fine."

Bucky was in a guest room at his grandmother's house. He sighed as he started to go through tinder.

"Need a new girl asap." He whispered.