(22) The First Dinner Party

It was the Saturday of the dinner party. Margaret had Nova at the hair salon. She had the hair dresser clean up her eye brows. She also trimmed off her split ends before she did the up do she chosen for Nova.

After she was done at the hair salon they went home. Nova was doing her own make up at her vanity. As she was doing her eye liner Bucky called her through face time.

"Hello.." she said as she finished her eyeliner.

"Well hello." He said

She looked at him. "God damn.." he said

"Stop.." she said

"I can't wait to see you now." He said

"Uh you should be saying that to your girl not me." She said

"All Im saying princess is this look right now is killer." He said

She rolled her eyes. "Why are you in your truck?" She said

"I have to get socks. I don't have any dress socks." He said

"Oh.." she said as she did her mascara.

"Where is Lydia?" She said

"On her way back into town." Bucky said

"Is her parents divorced?" She said

"Yeah. Her mom and stepdad live here." He said

"That explains why she is always gone and you are too." She said

"I hate going. Her dad makes me sleep on the couch. He doesn't like me." He said

She let out a laugh.

"Rude." He said

"Im sorry. I just find it funny that she drags you up there to make you sleep on the couch. You are such a horn dog." She said then started to do her lipstick.

"I can control myself." He said

"Sure.." she said

"Im at Target. I will see you later princess." He said

"Yeah yeah." She said and hung up.

Nova put on her strapless bra and matching thong. Once she had her undergarments on she slipped on her dress. Edward knocked on her door.

"You decent Nova?"

"Yeah." She said

Edward walked in. "Here is your jewelry." He said as he hands her bag to her.

"Can you zip me?" She said as she took it.

"Yeah baby." Edward said

He zipped her dress and put her necklace on her. She did her earrings and bracelets. Once she was done with all that she did her shoes and put everything in her clutch.

She had been practicing for the last week walking in her heels. Edward taught her a few dance steps for the dinner as well. Colton and Gabi were waiting downstairs as she came down.

"Wow..Nova you look amazing!" Gabi exclaimed.

"Thanks." She said

Margaret got pictures of her grandkids. "Such ashame that I would have had three graduating this year." Margaret said as she looked at the picture.

They all left Nova drove herself to the dinner party. When she arrived behind Colton she saw Bucky's Audi. Colton walked up to Bucky and Lydia as he and Gabi entered the club.

A few minutes later the room fell silent. Bucky realized the room fell silent he looked to the door.

"God damn.." he whispered when he saw Nova walking towards him.

"Make them stop please." She said when she got to her friends.

"I can try but it may not help. You look incredible Nova." He said

"I dont care. I dont like the attention." She said as she looked down.

"Okay put your tongues back in your mouths." Natasha yelled

"Thank you Nat." Nova whispered

Once everyone arrived the dinner began. As the night everyone talked to the parents or grandparents. Enjoyed dancing on the dance floor. Bucky and Lydia made Nova want to cry with their PDA.

Bucky found her outside smoking. "I was starting to think you left." He said as he lit up one of his.

"I needed air." She said

"I want to dance with you." He said

"Buck. I really dont want to cause problems." She said

"Like I give a shit. I do what I want." He said

"Fine.." she whispered

When they went back inside he lead her to the dance floor. They began to dance to "Speechless". Lydia came out of the bathroom she was fixing her dress.

She looked up to see Bucky and Nova dancing cheek to cheek. When their dance was over she cut him a look.

"Baby dont give me that look." He said when he got her.

"Dont embarass me like that again." She said

"Lydia it was just a damn dance." He said

Nova was behind him she walked off to their table. She swallowed back tears as she got her keys out. Bucky saw her leaving and wiping tears.

He followed her out. "Nova.." he said when he got to her.

She looked down. "She can be a bitch. But she is mad at me not you. Come back inside." He said

She turned around to look at him she had black mascara tears. "Baby doll." He said

"Its best if I go. Im tired and the dance was great." She said

"Nova darlin.." he said as she got in her car and she drove off.