Inai Ni Yami ((An Original Story)) Chapter 26

Chapter 26

It's was a weird thing, waking up tied down to a chair by chains. No one in the room. Evelyn looked about herself, dizzy and disoriented. Her mind was lopping around, a cacophony of whispered words filling it up and killing any chance she had at thinking straight. The room she was held in was dark - that she could make out without thinking. There wasn't much else for her to focus on. Nothing but the voices...

"Get him! He's escaping!"

"Defense Mode: Shadow Cape."

"Evelyn, head chief of the kagami recuperation group. Kagami 20-"

"I'm going to call you Eve, ok? So, Eve, do you like your life?"

"Damn it, you just had to get a bug,"

"The moment you dived after him... No, the moment you even looked at him, I saw your downfall, as did Rika."

"Evelyn... you belong to me. Every part of you. From your head-"

"Hack? No. Why would you say that?"

"Stop... it..."

"Well, let's just close these."

Oh yeah, bitches, I was that good.

"I am not fine. Why the hell was I shocked?"

"My original is. I'm not."

The last words stuck in her head, the voice - her voice - the loudest of them all. Original. I'm not the original... Then what am I?

"Are you finally awake?" the words were distant, from another world. The voices in Evelyn still went on but their volume wasn't as grand as before. A hand took Evelyn's face by the chin, tilting it up. Her eyes locked onto icy blue orbs, but that was all she could really see in the darkness. "We have a few questions for you." Silence ensued, and her head was dropped back down to hang above her chest. The voices continued. "First, how long have you been in existence?"

Longer than you,

a voice, louder than the rest, answered within Evelyn's head. She made no effort to say them, or even to try to answer.

"Unresponsive. Keisuke?" Something jolted through her body. Enough power to leave her yelling out, and a memory shot at her.

"That was maybe too much..."

"Keisuke...?" the name left her lips without warning, and she found a flurry of images flash before her eyes. Her, kneeling on the ground, gins in hand. Then chains shooting out, locking her form in place. She'd tried to escape and... the result was a massive shock that had her passing out. She wasn't passing out now.

"Now, I'm going to ask you again: How long have you been in existence?" Another quick jolt was shot through her and Evelyn forced herself not to scream, though a small hiss still managed to escape her lips. The same hand from before tilted her head back up, forcing the ice blue eyes back into focus as they glared down at her. "Damn it, you're a Mecka-Kikai! You shouldn't be able to resist torture like this!"

"Maybe it's because she is Eve?" someone said from the corner of the room. The hand that held Evelyn's head up let go and her head fell forward,. Chin smacking up against her chest. "Takeyama, you're being a little too rough, don't you think?"

"A little too rough? Are you kidding me? She attacked us! Attacked! Doesn't that show you anything?"

"It shows that she's scared! It shows that she knows nothing of what's going on and it shows that she doesn't trust us! And by doing this, you aren't helping anyone!"