Inai Ni Yami ((An Original Story)) Chapter 30

Chapter 30

It happened all too quickly. Takeyama had been in the middle of a meeting, discussing the Dorei's and Kagami's next move in the silent war. Daisuke was still fishing through Evelyn Cole Bailey's laptop, his mind too focused on deciphering her codes. Keisuke was in the training room, trying to teach Yuki to fight since Zakiya had decided to not show up - and Zakiya himself was lost in his own memories, stuck in that one hallway with the history of the Dorei and Kurai. It shouldn't have happened then.

"Attack! There's a group of Kagami's headed our way!"

It had taken Daisuke a while to realize it, and when he had, it was almost too late. They were getting too close. Zakiya was the next to react, feeling Akiya's presence come too close, repelling him, forcing him to want to get away; just like the magnet affect. Takeyama was alerted only because of the simplest of reasons; Eve was here. Eve was outside. It sent him reeling, calling out the whole team.

Ares, who'd been walking through the forest - lost, for he wasn't the best of men when it came to maps - was called to find them and slow them down, and he did exactly that, setting up a ring of fire around the intruders, tall and strong. It took quite some power for him to hold the fire strictly to that area - especially after what had happened the day before - but he did it. And forward came the old team; the original team, before Eve; Takeyama, the leader. Daisuke, the tech wiz. Keisuke, the stalker. Yuki, the empath, and Ares was already out there, his role being the pyro.

Slowly, the fire died down, revealing a small group of seven Kagami's, all holding their own choice weapons. Steve was there, which wasn't much of a surprise anymore. He seemed to be everywhere now. No, the thing that truly shocked Takeyama was Eve's presence. She stood beside Steve, that sword from before in her arm. What had she called it? Lagrimas del Cielo? What a curious name, Takeyama thought, stalking forward.

And why is she pointing it towards us?

"Takeyama!" Steve called out, his violet eyes bright despite the darkness that the trees provided all around them, hiding them from the lights of the City. "It is time your rebellion dies!" He raised up a sword of his own, this one being Chrome Killer: Version Three. Everyone else in his group raised their arms; all, save for Eve, who stayed perfectly still and silent. No one seemed to remotely care, but it was enough to spike curiosity in Takeyama.

"You're wrong," he whispered after a moment, looking back at his team and grinning. "You're going down. Keisuke!" Keisuke lunged forward, a chain on his wrapping around Takeyama at the same time, but not pulling him. When the time came, Keisuke pulled on the chain holding Takeyama, and he was launched forward like a whip, his body shooting out to the enemy side. "Battle Mode Four: YELL!" The huge sonic blast had everyone in Steve's group falling back slightly.

All, save for Eve. She stayed rooted in her spot, unaffected. And so, Takeyama went straight for her, hoping he could take her back. Hoping he could save her. "Eve, it's me, Takeyama. Come back..."

One Day Earlier...

"Keisuke... don't you think this is too much?" Zakiya lay on the floor, Keisuke standing above him. Yuki sat not too far away, waiting for her own chance to take him down - but as Zakiya had said, it was too much. They'd been at it for days now, and throughout those days, neither of the three had ever left training room. "Enough. You've been slaving us away this entire time, and for what? A girl whom you know will never remember what you taught her? Give it up!"

He was getting to close there on the facts, and it disturbed Keisuke. How could he know... how could he even come close to realizing the anger he felt for not having taught Eve well enough. He'd failed Takeyama once, and for that he was not about to fail on him again with his new apprentice and especially not with Yuki. Empath's were usually too weak because they felt everything times ten. Keisuke was going make sure she felt nothing of it.