Inai Ni Yami ((An Original Story)) Chapter 15 Pt. 2

_________________________________Chapter Fifteen Part Two________________________________

I stepped into my new room, noticing that it was a shared one. Well, what did I expect? No one cared about what I wanted anymore, much less the fact that I hated rooming with others. No doubt this was on purpose just to annoy me. The worker kagami's having done their job left me to the lonely room and my things. I hated their efficiency. The way they'd gotten rid of everything me from my room in a matter of minutes. Pushing all my things to the emptier side of the room, I went for the shower, stripping of my LyoLyte suite the moment I stepped in.

I not only needed to get rid of the grime on me, I also needed to warm my body so the auto-lock wouldn't work on me as strong and I'd be able to sleep without waking up to a frozen body. That was a nightmare of mine I wasn't willing to live through. I went on to putting the water's heat to the hottest level it could go without taking me onto sensory overload, sighing as the water caressed my back and warmed my skin. I took a deep breath of the steamy water to get some of the heat inside too, satisfaction humming through me when the auto-lock stopped trying to break me down and went on stand-by mode.

When I was done showering, I went on to changing in the bathroom just in case my new roomy was the kind of person who cared whether you changed in front of someone and partly because I didn't want to change in front of anyone. I looked in the mirror after a while, staring only at my white hair. Why did it have to be so long... Shrugging, I walked out the bathroom, going for my bed when someone whistled high and long.

"This is definitely unexpected." I spun around, eyes wide as they met with Kuro's. He sat on his own bed, a magazine on technology in his hands, one hand turning the other page midway. His dark blue eyes narrowed a second later. "So, what? Are you going to guard me so I don't try escaping again?" I smacked a hand over my face and fell onto my bed. This was some sort of a joke, right? Pairing me with the one person I lost my job to... who in turn lost their freedom. Damn that stupid kid!

"I only wish," I growled into the plastic pillow of my bed.

Kuro burst into hysterics, dropping his magazine on the floor and completely forgetting it. "You've been shut out!" he exclaimed, loud enough for the whole hall to hear past the thin walls. "They seriously fired you, even though you caught me, the badass Takeyama!"

Narrowing my eyes at him, I opened my mouth to say something when something struck me weird. "Takeyama? Who's that?" Raising one eyebrow, I leaned on one side with an arm wresting on my hip. This guy was really... weird.

"That's me, of course. My name, anyway." He shrugged, picking up his magazine and returning to his place but not before I interrupted.

"That's not your name. Your name is Kuro Shiroi, kagami 2-"

"I know that stuff. But I can't really say it's me when I'm not the real Kuro. Just like you aren't the real Evelyn. The only reason we're given these names are so the guys upstairs can know who's kagami we are. But nothing's the same. No matter how great a copy is, no matter how much it's like the original, it isn't the original. It's someone else. I'm someone else. I'm Takeyama." He shrugged again, looking away from me. Yup, definitely weird.

Turning to lay on my back, I hacked into the Kurai's music stations, typing invisible codes into the air -while Takeyama wasn't looking- sighing when music blasted on. The song was the genre 'Rock.' I didn't get the name, seeing as rock implies a stone, but human music -stolen and brought down to Shin-En- was great.

Without thinking, I began humming, something I'd always do in my own room when I blasted the music in my head. A few seconds later and Takeyama was looming above me, pinning my hands down before I could move and staring down at my eyes intently. My mind flashed back to earlier when his lips...