Inai Ni Yami ((An Original Story)) Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Rika... How did Project [St]Eve go?" Rio tapped his fingers on the desk, leaning back in his chair with a pile of papers set before him, signed and ready to be taken away. He was dressed up in the usual attire; a black suit, white collar and black tie. Black dress shoes. Kuro. Yet his last name was white; Shiroi. What a wrong world we live in...

"It has failed. Steve has been rendered useless by the opposing side and is under questioning as we speak. Eve has been terminated." Rika stood before Rio's desk, wearing her own set of 'usual' clothes. I nice black dress that hung loosely around her body, a monochromatic belt around her waist, giving it some shape. Her hair was held up by a multitude of pins into a bun, giving her a somewhat comical appearance, as she was a little girl in a grownups clothing.

Sighing, Rio stood up, taking with him a simple jet orb the size of his palm with him, and stopped before Rika. She stared at him with unblinking eyes - eyes that were both silver and violet. He smiled down at her, and then frowned at his own hand, still holding the jet orb. "This world is so wrong... That is why we must exist; to right the wrongs of the Kurai and the Dorei. We are perfection, aren't we, Rika?"

Rika did not respond. It wasn't that she refused to speak, but more of she didn't trust herself to speak to Rio when he spoke that way. He was very volatile with his emotions, and one wrong response could result in many things. Rio didn't care about it at all.

"And that is why we exist, but Takeyama, he just doesn't get it. He doesn't see that the longer those Dorei stand, the longer this was will go on. The moment the Dorei are brought down, the Kurai will rise. And when the Kurai rise, we will rise. We will be the originals, and not the replacements, understand me?" He once more turned to Rika, who once more, merely stared at him.