Chapter 3

Victoria's POV

I'm going to investigate this new family that has moved into a home on the waterfront. I've heard rumors saying they are littering and destroying our ocean.

Going to see if this is true, I make my way through the ocean. Passing by fish and crabs on the seafloor, I make my way to the address.

My gold tail shining in the sunlight front the surface, I finally reach my destination.

Looking through the water, I see the same stunning girl that I got hooked on last time I was here. She is picking up the trash floating above me.

Soon I see her eyes wander towards my tail, me panicking. I'm usually in control, yet here I am having a human see my tail.

The girl leans forward to get a better look, while I dive deeper so she can no longer see me.

I turn around when I hear a loud splash, seeing the girl struggling to reach the surface. She hasn't noticed me yet, and I'd like to keep it that way.

She so busy reaching and scrambling to get to the surface that I go unnoticed. When she realizes that she isn't making it back to the top, her struggles die down, and she looks around.

Her eyes meet mine and my world stops. Her beautiful blue eyes engage me like nothing else could, drawing me in. I can't look away, and neither can she.

Soon, she realizes she needs air. Going back to struggling, she weakly moves her arms and legs as she continues to sink to the bottom of the ocean floor.

Her motions stop and her eyes slowly closed as I swim close to her. I use my magic that I was born with and give her the ability to breathe underwater.

She slowly comes to, looking dazed and confused. Looking at me, her eyes widen.

Deciding it would be best to erase her memory, I know that no one can know about us mermaids.

I look into her eyes and place my hands on the side of her face. She seems entranced, like she is lost in my eyes.

Sending my powerful brain waves to hers, I erase this encounter from her memory.

Pulling away when the process is done, I look at her to make sure that it worked. Usually, after I erase someone's memory, they are dazed until I release them from my hold.

However, this girl is perfectly aware of everything that is going on.

What went wrong?

I make the rapid decision to use my powers to make her sleep. I put my hands on the sides of her face again, and I relax her into a state of sleep.

Her body slackens, and I cradle her limp body to my chest.

This girl just became a big problem.