Chapter 17

Adalee's POV

Laying on Victoria's bed, I'm bored out of my mind. It has been two days since Victoria left, leaving me utterly alone. I never realized how used to her company I became, me now missing her to no end.

I'm dozing off, not being able to keep myself awake much longer. I barely slept the night before, anxiety filling me up. Wanting to stay awake to wait on Victoria, I'm sitting up, my head leaning down on my hand. I feel my eyes flutter closed, but I'm awoken quickly by the door that leads to the outside.

It is slammed open, Victoria stomping in. I look up at her wide eyed, gasping in shock at her sudden intrusion. All she says is a blunt, "Come on."

Getting up, I follow her out to the ocean. I only see her and a few other trackers, the rest probably with Alicia. Speaking of... where is she?

"Where's Alicia? Did you guys find her?" I ask as Victoria grabs my hand and pulls me faster.

"Yes, we found her alright." Victoria and I arrive at the ocean, her not stopping and walks straight into the waves. The waves are mimicking Victoria's emotions, being strong and rough.

"Victoria! Stop and explain to me what is going on," I exclaim, tired of her indirect answers and dodging of questions.

She turns around swiftly, looking at me with a fire in her eyes. "I can't tell you anything. I don't even know if I can trust you anymore."

Hurt by her response, I stumble into the waves. My heart is aching at what she said, me never expecting that from her. Her eyes soften looking at me. "I'm sorry. Come on, we have to go."

Forgiving but not forgetting, I follow her into the ocean. She gives me the power to breathe and tells me to hold on tight. Already shifted, her tail kicks swiftly, propelling us forward at a magnificent speed.

After a while, the ocean starts to get familiar, me noticing landmarks that I saw on the swim to the castle. We must be near my house.

Victoria slows down, shifting her tail into legs. She grabs my hand, pulling me to the shore. My head bursts above the water and I look around. We seem to be at my house, but at the area where you can walk into the ocean, not at the dock.

Victoria is standing in front of me protectively the whole time we are walking up, me questioning why? Why is she so protective and why are we at my house?

I see all the left-over trackers surrounding two people, but I can't make out who they are. Victoria is standing in front of me, blocking my view.

Victoria is the first to speak, "I brought her here like you asked." This shocks me to my core, wondering who is asking for me and why is Victoria going through with it?

I hear a familiar voice say, "Good. Let me see she is unharmed." Victoria turns to me, with a regretful look on her face. I look at her questioningly, confused why this is all happening.

Victoria steps to the side, letting me see the people for the first time. First, I see Alicia with a black and blue mark on her face. My heart hurts. Someone hurt her, and I will make sure they pay.

I look to the other person who the trackers are all glaring at. My eyes widen, me taking a step backwards, wanting to get away from everything. This can't be true. I don't believe it.

The person who I haven't seen in years gives me a smirk.

"Hello, sister."