Arc One Ch. 32

Uncomfortable didn't quite cover how she felt at the moment. Planning, it was only a small vague part of her process as nothing happened like you might expect when not putting in the work. She'd watched quite a few master manipulators at work over the years and found they made dull stories as it became a production. Most didn't treat these worlds as anything more than sheep created out of thin air for them to gather and collect point and life force from.

As she sat in silence taking Marcus in who was dressed up for the occasion. From the style of his hair to the clothing he wore screamed 'I am here to impress'. Causing an awkward contrast to her own outfit chosen without much care or thought having simply picked it for the training she would be doing later.
Placing the spoon back into her bowl he'd continued gazing at her without touching his own lunch. "Don't you have to patrol later?" She asked him without thinking about it, Demarcus had been bitching about him and the rest of the Blue Valley pack member constantly being late.

"Huh...uh yeah I do in a few. How do you know?" He couldn't help but ask while he secretly hoped the reason was him.

Kira looked at him with exasperation, without needing to be a mind reader the look on his face easily gave away his thoughts. "Demarcus, he likes to complain and mentioned you and the others tend to run late. Apparently he and the rest have devised for the lot of you a fitting punishment." She did not mention that it was impart due to them not learning from the standard ones already in use.

Finishing her food around the same time as any other day she got up to leave. She didn't allow him to grab her this time as he had last time. "We didn't really get to talk much how about dinner later?" His hopeful face matched with the soulful tone of his voice could've in her opinion started a brawl.

She felt a cold shiver down her back and frowned at him. "Can't, I am busy and this was my only down time."

She hadn't been completely lying about it being her only down time as she'd gone to Nora's hut. The small but cozy living area had gone from simplistic to a hodgepodge of party items arranged on every available surface. As her first pups due date grew closer getting the baby shower done was important. It brought many of the other young mothers' closers as they welcomed a new youth into their group.

"This and that need to be sorted and I am also short on a few ingredients as well." Nora called out in an exhausted tone. Without waiting for direction Kira got to work on sorting the items that'd gotten jumbled together.

"Kira I am not sure about this, Annie was going on about how the young pups need something to do. Then Margaret went on about no matter how bad it goes that the young pups will surly still like me. And it is apparently a thing as poor Sally is just absolutely hated though she doesn't try making friends of anyone. Oh dear Moon Goddess I am rambling again." Nora in a flusters said picking through a few things that left her sitting down and holding a hand over her forehead.

Kira didn't mind the chatting as she knew the young female was currently stressing out about many things related to her little pup. "I am sure Margaret isn't wrong and Sally does live to make others angry. Now as for Annie's suggestion we could have a different type of game."

Nora became all ears after that listening to her idea. "Oh my that sounds wonderful Kira you always surprise me with all of the things you think up. All of its great just will there be enough time to do it?" She asked worried about the timing.

Kira smiled and nodded. "Of course I am the one handling it." She didn't mention how close this would be cutting it to the invasion but wasn't worried about it as their best fighters weren't battered and left bruised to the point of being unable to properly heal. Though the blood clots created were

Having seen no benefits to the battle of bloody rain she'd decisively made enemies with the Blue Valley pack and a few Pine Wood pack members to stop the fight.

The small gathering had already started, a cluster of young pup collected eagerly by a table. While their mothers were not very far watching Kira handle the eager bunch. Each got a small round rock, while not too far from their tiny hands were jars which held this worlds version of paint. With a light blue and pink, the pink being more trouble than it was worth, got shared. As each young pup dipped their rock into the color they thought the baby was going to be or hoped to be in some cases. A few of the young pup were scared their guesses would influence the baby and were a bit reluctant.
Their rocks were then collected into a cute little basket with a sculpture of two small pups were curled up next to one another. The older females found it to be adorable and openly jealous towards Nora.
Though that wasn't where Kira's fun for them ended as small sweets got brought out to compete for. From don't be caught by the rouge; don't move while the Alpha is looking, to pup-pup-wolf and finally a game territory invader which by the end had all the mother's joining in.

At the end of the night after cleaning up Nora felt worn out but happy as most of the mother's shared helpful information about dealing with the birth and simple things to watch out for when handling a newborn. Many things she didn't know as she ended up with her father's family, it'd been dying out due to a lack of females. And so she didn't get the same experience of having many younger siblings which others all seen as common knowledge.
"This will all need to be sorted." Kira said bringing in the last of the gifts.

"Thank you." Nora very seriously said as she never seen so many strange games in her life. "My pup will have many brother and sisters to look after them as they grow up." She worried about her own pup sharing a similar childhood and was grateful so many of the children were excited to meet and watch after the pup.

Kira smiled softly. "Your welcome Nora, I am just happy everyone enjoyed my little games and treats. I am sure they will all be wonderful." Nora found herself giving a light chuckle at this. "I am sure that my little one will be well looked after, though you seem to have set up a new gathering standard. It wouldn't come as a surprise if those mother's show up looking to learn your tasty recipes. And it definitely won't be forgotten for a long time either." Kira didn't take this very seriously but would later.