Arc One Ch. 34

Pain, her whole world had become a focus on the dislocated joints as she felt the muscles tearing apart. Sweat gather at her furrowed brow as arms wrapped protectively over her middle in a futile effort to shield the little life.
Tears rolled down Kira's cheeks while looking up at the dark sky. 'I am no one else but me. I am me and no one else.' She said over and over again to center herself again as the original's emotions surged up in her chest.
Turning her tear stained face over towards the tree said to be blessed by the Moon Goddess, Kira sighed. It had taken some effort in collecting this particular fragmented Tear of Sorrow.

Returning to her room within the pack house Kira found everything she owned in ruins. The shredded remains of fabrics and furs, small pieces of jewelry were broken and left scattered across the tiny room while dirt littered the floorboards. The plant saplings could be seen trampled and crushed.
Mentally tired Kira pulled up the system interface and opened her storage space. Through the quick search function she found a set of old fur bedding. The nearly brand new items came out; she wrapped herself up into the fur then fell on to the bed. Things could be dealt with in the morning.

The sunlight coming through the bare window was bright as Kira groggily opened her eyes. Her head felt heavy as she sat up and got a better view of the mess in the light. It could be seen as a heartbreaking sight, yet anything she considered important to her was stored safely away.
Beneath the layers that made up the bed she lifted open a hidden space. Neatly tucked away were the important things, pieces of jewelry carved by Theodore, the salves Edith gifted to her before leaving. There were a few outfits from Tobias and Emily and their cute little boy Kyou had sent along a decorated handprint. Jun very shyly passed on a rabbit's foot; he wasn't superstitious and believed in hard work, which she found to be sweet of him to pass on for her journey. Hana's gift she felt was a bit more touching as the girl gave up one of her favorite books. The small hand copied leather bound tome was given with a sentiment to return home safely.
Each one was considered precious and priceless in her eyes though it was her Uncle Kurou's words that soured her nose and brought tears to well up. Always remember that we love you dearly and no matter the circumstances you will always be welcomed home. This sentiment wasn't shared with the original who'd managed to slip away during the upheaval and confusion.
Her thoughts turned towards the remaining two tasks dealing with Marcus. Loathing the thought of the first she focused on her plans to end his chances of becoming an Alpha in the future. That was the least he deserved for abandoning the original Kira to die alone. The chill of fear from her moment of became worse the closer she got towards the original timeline.

Without options she took out the clothing gifted to her and felt it a tad too eye catching, though the opposite could be considered as true too. Holding the title of Little Moon certain expectations could be felt amongst the masses of old and young wolves alike.

Once washed up and changed she went down for a late breakfast. In such clothing Kira felt the staring of others but ignored them as she had done regularly since young. A few vicious stares could be felt on her back as she ended up next to Marcus who was waiting for her.

"You look nice this morning." He said smiling while taking notice of the excellent quality of the outfit.

She nodded in acknowledgment not feeling up to talking with him as he brought nothing but trouble to the original's doorstep.

"Are you perhaps dressed up for a special occasion?" He asked with a hopeful inflection in his tone. Her flat no in reply left him feeling a bit disappointed.

"It's very beautifully designed did you make yourself or maybe your mother?" He asked in an attempt to know her better.

Kira looked down at her plate full of eggs and thick strips of bacon. "No this was created by Emily my Big Brother's mate. They gifted it to me before I left." Hearing the sweetness it was easy to overlook the bitterness of the no. Glancing up from her plate while masking the sadness she looked at him in a serious manner. "Aren't you going to be late?" She asked.

"Hmm... what do you mean?" He nearly choked being too eager to answer her.

She gave him a dark incredulous look. "Don't you have training to do early this morning?" His eyes went wide hearing this and then he remembered what day it was and quickly shoved food into his mouth.

"Thank you for reminding me, l would've gotten scolded last time for being late." He said with a broad smile. "See you later Kira." Then he got up to leave.

She honestly didn't want to see him ever again but nodded her head in acknowledgment.

Tracking down Demarcus she got his advice on whom to ask for help. She mentioned needing someone with a tracking background. This was hard since everyone member of the pack that could be spared at the moment were all busy with the investigation.

Kira didn't have to wait long for a young male to show up. She knew many wolves but had yet to meet him. Looking past his fierce eyes and stern expression to find him quite dependable looking.
"I am Logan; Demarcus said you needed some help with something involving tracking." She felt him watching her reaction but didn't understand why.
A pleasant smile formed along her lips. "I am Kira it's nice to meet you Logan." With the pleasantries out of the way she became serious. "Yes and if this wasn't a serious matter I wouldn't be asking for help in this current situation." She noticed he seemed to appreciate this response as he nodded and asked for the scent.

She blushed shaking her head in dismay. "That's the reason why I am looking for help in this matter. Please come with me."

Following her to the pack house he was lead upstairs. She took a deep breath before opening the door without looking inside. He entered the room only after she gave him the go ahead.
Logan glanced around her room in a serious manner finding that everything belonging to her had been destroyed. Nothing but the property of the pack house was left intact. He also picked up an unusual smell that a guard might not notice.
Running a finger over a small but obvious patch of powder had his expression darkening. This wasn't something an ordinary wolf could acquire without some means as it was a neutralizing agent used by their hunting squads.

After asking a few questions to get a better idea of what was going on Logan turned to leave. He stopped feeling a small hand grab his own. "Thank you Logan." Paying her no mind he left thinking about who'd either used or traded away such a guarded item.