Chapter 5: Smile

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.” – Sarah Dessen

Chapter 5: Smile

For the first time, Taehyung got a beautiful rest ever. A beautiful smile was plastered on his face while taking a bath. He can't help but hum such a joyful song.

He got out of the bathroom wearing a trenchcoat with a pullover underneath it and pleated trousers. He looked in the mirror to look at himself. He giggled seeing how handsome he was.

He shooked his head when he heard his alarm clock which means his class was about to start. He picked up his phone on the bed and his bag as well. He went downstairs carefully so he won't get his father's attention but his eyes widened when he saw him on the ground.

His father's situation was beaten up so badly. There are a lot of fresh bruises and cuts on his face. But why he didn't feel pity for him at least a bit?

He kind of feels satisfied after seeing his father's situation isn't that bad, right? He shrugged off his shoulder and leave him like that. He just went to his University.

-----

"You seem in a happy mood, what happened?"

Suddenly, he heard a familiar voice behind him. He turned around and saw Jungkook.

"Nothing." He smiled genuinely showing his boxy smile.

"Are you sure? When the first I saw you, you look depressed but still beautiful and I can tell today is your different day." Jungkook replied seeing how blooming Taehyung was.

"Really? I hope this day to continue like this." Taehyung giggled and started to walk.

"Me too, so I could always see like this." Jungkook muttered staring through Taehyung's back.

They simply walked into their room not caring how the other students looked at them confusedly. Jungkook pulled the chair for Taehyung and Taehyung gladly accepted it. They sat down beside each other.

Jungkook can't help but stare at the beauty noticing how different Taehyung was unlike yesterday.

"I like it." He suddenly uttered enough for Taehyung to hear.

The beautiful boy glanced at him curiously. But Taehyung noticed that Jungkook was staring at him.

"You like what?" Taehyung asked with a bit of pout on his lips.

"Your smile, it looks beautiful." Jungkook retorted not minding how cheesy he was.

Yet, Taehyung was liking it, his cheeks started to feel the heat rising on both of them.

"You know what, they say you're silent but when you're with me, it's the opposite." Taehyung uttered playfully sighing.

"Because that's the only way I can get your attention, besides I'm not interested in them. I'm only interested in you, my eyes are only on you." Jungkook replied flirtily winking at him.

Taehyung hiccuped and looked away from him to look at the professor instead. He bit his bottom lip when he thinks something.

'He'll disgust me if he knows about me. What are you Jeon Jungkook? What did you need on me? Will you save me from that devil?' He asked in his mind.

"Now, I don't like it anymore."

He heard Jungkook's voice speak again. He looked at him with confusion.

"You're in deep thoughts? You look beautiful without thinking anything." Jungkook uttered genuinely.

"I hope you lose your interest in me, you'll regret it." Taehyung replied under his breath.

"Huh?" Jungkook inquired curiously.

Taehyung simply shooked his head and looked back at his notes.

'How could I do that if you look at me like asking for help on me?' Jungkook's thoughts while staring at him.

-----

When their class ended, Taehyung was alone in the library. He decided not to eat anything for now since he lost his appetite. He was listening to some calming song. He feels someone's presence beside him, Jungkook sitting there with a book on the table.

"You're here." Taehyung mumbled.

"I have to finish my assignments too." Jungkook replied setting the book on the table.

"I thought you were following me." Taehyung muttered.

"That would be a good idea." Jungkook giggled like an innocent boy.

"I'm just kidding." Taehyung said rolling his eyes and looking back at his notes.

"You're so cute." Jungkook chuckled.

He ruffled Taehyung's hair causing the boy to feel shy and spark on his body. He bit his bottom lip feeling a butterfly in his stomach tingling him.

"You, what are you doing here?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Nothing, I just don't want to eat and also some peace." Taehyung replied.

"I see, by the way, do you mind walking with me together after class?" Jungkook inquired.

"Why?" Taehyung retorted inquiring and looked at him.

"Nothing, just want to have a conversation with you more and maybe to make you fall in love with me." Jungkook retorted giggling.

"Wuh-what are you saying?" Taehyung mumbled embarrassedly and his stupid cheeks heated again.

"Just kidding, we have the same way and it's kinda boring to walk alone, so can I?" Jungkook stated.

"Yeah, sure." Taehyung accepted it.

----

When their class ended, Taehyung felt nervous, he'll go back from the hell once again. If he can stay at the University, why not? But he will get beaten if he didn't go back.

"I told you, you'll walk with me." Jungkook pouted who popped beside him.

"I'm sorry, I thought you left." Taehyung replied rubbing the back of his neck.

"Do you really want to go back? You seem nervous for some reason." Jungkook uttered

"I'm fine." Taehyung lied smiling forcefully.

"You know what, I felt like I'm a psychic, I can tell it when you are just faking your smile and that's it, that smile is fake." Jungkook said looking at him.

"Don't you find the car behind us suspicious?" Taehyung asked referring to Jungkook's car which was driven by Jin with Yoongi and Jimin inside also to change the topic.

"No, why?" Jungkook retorted innocently.

"That car was also behind us yesterday." Taehyung replied noticing the same car last day.

"Just don't mind it, it's your house now, I have to go." Jungkook uttered pointing out Taehyung's house.

"Thank you." Taehyung bowed his head in respect.

Taehyung walked inside the house, he sighed in relief when he didn't see his father. He went inside his room, setting down his bag on his bed. He sat down on the chair in front of his study table.