Chapter 23: I'm interested

"Your love shines in my heart as the sun that shines upon the earth."

Chapter 23: I'm interested

Taehyung had just finished using the restroom, he was on his way back to the camping site to go eat his breakfast. He sat down on the bench alone since he didn't see Jungkook yet when he woke up.

"Taehyung"

He saw Jia, Jiyoung, and Nara coming toward him and sat down in front of him.

"Did you hear what was the rumor early this morning?" Jia asked while eating her bread.

"What is it?" Taehyung responded, chewing.

"That you and Jungkook found somewhere in this place and making out." Nara responded.

"That seems to be a misunderstanding, I and Jungkook hang out last night but we didn't make out." Taehyung clarified.

"Then, what are you doing with him?" Jia inquired.

"He's someone I knew, and I don't see any wrong if I go with him." Taehyung replied.

"Still, you know he's a bastard, you shouldn't go along with him." Nara retorted.

"He's not that kind of person, I knew him better than any of you. He's not a bad person if that's what you want to think about him, then don't drag me to hate him." Taehyung grumbled standing up from his seat.

He didn't notice that he walked passed by Jungkook.

-----

"I hope you guys enjoy the camping vacation, see you next week." The supervisor announced when they arrived at the University.

The camp finally ended, and Taehyung was relieved that he won't be with them. He and Jungkook got out of the bus with their bags.

"Goodbye, everyone, have a nice week." The professor smiled at them.

"Taehyung, let's go now." Jungkook uttered patting Taehyung's back.

Taehyung hums in response and followed Jungkook to the parking lot. Jungkook took their bags and put them in the trunk. He got inside of the car, sitting on the driver's seat with Taehyung beside him.

"What's wrong, cupcake? You seem to be in a bad mood today. You didn't even talk to me during the ride." Jungkook started while driving.

"They are mean, how could they talk shit like that as if they are innocent. They keep saying bullshit about you, I'm so annoyed." Taehyung grumbled frowning.

"Since when did you learn to say a bad word, love?" Jungkook chuckled.

"I'm not innocent, Jungkook ah, I knew everything. I'm just good at controlling my anger but they are being too much." Taehyung huffed.

"Cupcake, don't get stressed over them. That would add wrinkles to your face. You're too pretty to think about them." Jungkook retorted.

"Still, why are you letting them talk like that? You are so far from what they think about you." Taehyung uttered.

"I'm too handsome to think about them." Jungkook giggled.

"Sometimes, I don't understand you." Taehyung sighed.

He crossed his arms and leaned his head on the window.

"Should I date you instead to lessen your stress? But it's up to you if you want to. If you're tired and want to take a rest, I understand. But I think you are mad at me so we should go home instead." Jungkook changed the topic.

"I'm not mad anymore, let's go Jungkook ah. Where will you bring me?" Taehyung quickly change his mood and looked at Jungkook with a smile plastered on his face.

Jungkook chuckled liking how fast Taehyung was changing his mood.

"Just trust me, yeah?" He said ruffling Taehyung's hair.

Taehyung nodded his head like a cute puppy.

-----

They arrived in front of the cake shop since Jungkook knew Taehyung doesn't like coffee at all. He opened the door car for Taehyung and extend his hand. Taehyung gladly and excitedly took his hand.

Jungkook brings him inside the cake shop with the waiter greeting them. He pulled out the chair for Taehyung and Taehyung sat down on the chair.

"I'll order for us, just wait for me here." Jungkook muttered.

Taehyung just nodded his head and Jungkook left. Taehyung roamed his eyes around the shop until he saw that they were hiring a waiter.

"Here's our order." Jungkook said putting down the cakes and only one shake on top of the table.

"Jungkook ah!" Taehyung called in a whisper tone.

"Yes?" Jungkook responded, sitting down on the chair in front of Taehyung.

"They are hiring for a waiter and I'm kind of interested in it." Taehyung mumbled and pointed to the post behind Jungkook.

Jungkook looked at it and simply hums.

"Then, you should try, I'm pretty sure you will learn easily and fast." Jungkook recommended.

"But I'm shy to ask, can you help me?" Taehyung uttered rubbing the back of his neck.

"Okay, I'll call for a staff here." Jungkook replied and looked for at least one staff.

He motioned his hand to call the person who was serving someone's order.

"Yes, sirs, how can I help you?" The waiter asked smiling.

"We saw the post that this shop is hiring for a waiter, is there any available spot?" Jungkook asked while Taehyung was fidgeting with his fingers.

"Actually, sir, I was about to remove that post today. I'm sorry to tell you but there's no available spot for him." The waiter replied.

"Oh, Jeon! Is there any problem here?"

Suddenly, a guy with a not-so-round belly came between their interaction.

"Nothing, I thought you need at least one staff, my friend was interested to work here." Jungkook replied.

"Don't worry, as a manager, I can make it up, just give me the resume and I will check your friend's profile then he can start working here."

"That seems a lot of processes, there's nothing to worry about his profile, it's all clean and he's not part of my group but he's someone special for me so can he start working here tomorrow?" Jungkook grinned.

"If that's what you want, I will agree to that but may I know his name?"

The manager looked at Taehyung who swallowed hard before he replied.

"K-Kim Taehyung, sir."

"You're accepted, you can start working here tomorrow. We're going to leave now, enjoy my shop."

The manager bowed his head and left them alone.

"Why did you accept him, sir? Aren't we full?" The waiter asked curiously.

"To save my life, and you, just mind your own business."

The manager scolded the waiter and left with the confused waiter.