Chapter 41: Where is he?

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.”

Chapter 41: Where is he?

Taehyung woke up without his alarm clock ringing. It was confusing him because he mostly got woke up because of his alarm clock. He stretch his arms and lazily stood up from the bed.

Wait, why he's in his room?

Isn't he in Jungkook's bed? As far as he remembers, he went to Jungkook's room and talk to him but how did he end up in his bed?

He shooked his head and decided that maybe Jungkook brought his back to his own room. He touched the doorknob and twist it open.

But to his surprise, everything was oddly black. He can't see any sign that he was in the house, it's just plain black.

The door behind him was slammed close causing him to flinch. He turned around to look at the door but it was gone. He swallowed hard while trying to process what was happening.

"Jungkook, is that you?" Taehyung asked but he heard his voice echo through the area where he was.

He attempted to walk but for some reason, he felt like he was walking into an infinite place.

"Jungkook? hyung? Where are you?"

He shivered feeling so scared right now. What was happening to him?

"J-Jungkook, wuh-where are you? Please stop this prank, it's scaring me." Taehyung uttered with a hint of nervousness in his tone.

He hugged himself, caressing his arm when he felt the cold air passing through him.

"I'm here"

He shuddered to hear the familiar voice. He immediately turned around and saw Jungkook but his back was facing him.

"What are you doing there? Why did you just come out? I've been looking for you." Taehyung sighed.

However, he doesn't feel comfortable. He can't explain why but he still feel scared even though he was with Jungkook. He should feel alright right now but he can't help but still get nervous.

"I'm sorry, I just did something earlier that's why I came late. Did I make you wait?"

Jungkook finally turned around with a smile plastered on his face. Taehyung swallowed hard seeing that Jungkook was holding a gun in his right hand.

"Where did you get that gun? Why did you have it?" Taehyung inquired while looking at Jungkook.

He was sure, he can't see the emotion through Jungkook's eyes. This is not his Jungkook. Something wrong is happening and he doesn't know what is it.

"Jungkook, can you speak? You are scaring me now. Please, put that gun down, please." Taehyung uttered with tears forming in his eyes.

"I can't, I had to protect myself, Taehyung. That person will kill me, I don't wanna die, I have to marry you first. I promised you that I want to stay beside you. I want that to happen." Jungkook smiled but it was nothing.

"What are you talking about, Jungkook? Who's that person?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"That perso---"

Jungkook wasn't able to finish his sentence when a gunshot was heard between them. Taehyung flinched and his eyes widened.

The gunshot didn't come from Jungkook's gun but instead, it came from...

The person behind Jungkook.

He started to shake due to nervousness and fell to the ground when he saw Jungkook spitting with blood coming out of his mouth.

"Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled.

He tried to go near Jungkook, but why? Why he's so far from Jungkook? Why he can't reach him?

Instead of going near, they are separating from each other.

"Tuh-Taehyung"

Taehyung gasped when he saw Jungkook's face become bloody. Jungkook extended his left hand for Taehyung to reach but Taehyung can't reach it for some reason even though he tries his best to hold Jungkook's hand.

"Please, hold my hand, Jungkook!" Taehyung cried.

"Goodbye, Jeon."

He looked at the person who was still behind Jungkook and pointed the gun at Jungkook's back. The person's pointy finger was slowly pressing the trigger.

"No!"

Taehyung screamed at the top of his lung to stop that person but he was too late when the person already shot Jungkook.

"Jungkook!"

Taehyung yelled and jolted up from his bed.

He was panting heavily and cold sweats formed on his forehead. His breath was ragged while realizing what just happened. It was his worst nightmare.

He roamed his eyes around and saw he was in Jungkook's room. He hugged his knees and cried.

"Taehyung"

He heard Jungkook's voice, he looked at the door and saw Jungkook looking at him with worried eyes.

"What happened? Why are you crying? I heard you screaming, are you okay?" Jungkook asked worriedly.

Taehyung stood up and hugged him. He started to cry hard on Jungkook's shoulder.

"Tell me what's wrong, love? Why are you crying?" Jungkook inquired while caressing Taehyung's back.

"I-I got a nightmare, Jungkook. I hate it so much." Taehyung sobbed.

"What do you mean, cupcake?" Jungkook asked confusedly.

"I saw you, I saw someone killed you. I don't like that nightmare, Jungkook. I'm so scared." Taehyung cried clutching his hands on Jungkook's shirt.

Jungkook sighed and cupped Taehyung's cheeks. His thumbs were caressing his cheeks to wipe off his tears.

"It's just a nightmare, babe, it's not real. Don't cry, you will forget about it soon." Jungkook comforted him.

"I know, I know it's just a nightmare but it seems so real. I feel like it was real. Everything was so clear as if it happened." Taehyung told him with tears falling in his eyes.

"Love, look at me, that won't gonna happen. I assure you that none of your nightmares will happen, okay? So please, don't think about it, just forget it, yeah?" Jungkook retorted and pecked Taehyung's forehead.

"I want to forget it, but how? It seems realistic that it is already engraved in my brain." Taehyung cried.

"Let's just not talk about it, I won't leave you no matter what happened. I will be on your side forever. Maybe, you are just hungry, we should go downstairs and eat." Jungkook smiled and pecked Taehyung's lips.

Taehyung just nodded his head and Jungkook held his right arm, dragging him downstairs.