Chapter 28: Surprises

"I don't wanna close my eyes, I don't wanna fall asleep, cuz I'd miss you babe and I don't wanna miss a thing."

Chapter 28: Surprises

Taehyung finally bought two tickets to Paris. Finally, he earned his hard work. One of his to-do lists will come true.

And this time, he will take this chance to confess his feelings to Jungkook, no scratch.

Yet, he doesn't know that he made Jungkook worried because he left the house without telling him where he will go.

He was walking out of the airport and his phone suddenly rang. He took out his phone and saw Jungkook was calling him. He curses under his breath realizing that he didn't tell anything to Jungkook.

"Yes, Jungkook ah?" Taehyung started while biting his bottom lip.

"Where are you?" Jungkook asked with a hint of sternness in his tone.

"I-I just went outside to check something." Taehyung lied.

"Where? I called your boss but he told me that you're not working." Jungkook retorted.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, Jungkook. As an apology, can you go to the restaurant that I will send you?" Taehyung uttered.

"Taehyung, don't change the topic. I'm asking you, where are you?" Jungkook grumbled.

"Come on, don't be mad at me. Just go there, trust me, it's my treat." Taehyung muttered.

"Fine, but you have to explain to me, understand?" Jungkook sighed.

"Understood, Jungkook ah." Taehyung giggled ending the call.

He was so excited to meet Jungkook right now. He hid his phone in his pocket after texting him the address.

-----

Meanwhile, Jungkook was looking in his closet. For some reason, he wants to look representable for Taehyung.

Yeah, he was upset that Taehyung just leave like that but he can't do anything about it since he was relieved that Taehyung was safe.

"Oh, what are you doing?" Jin asked confusedly.

He saw there were many pairs of clothes on Jungkook's bed but he noticed Jungkook was still looking in his closet.

"Nothing." Jungkook sighed frustratedly because he can't find a better outfit.

"Are you going on a date? I don't mind helping you." Jin snickered.

"No, it's not a date." Jungkook uttered.

"Come on, you didn't take too long to think about your outfit. You always look good whatever you wear." Jin stated.

"I just want to be representable for Taehyung, that's it." Jungkook clarified

"So, it's a date then." Jin chuckled.

"Just get out of my room, hyung, before I change my mind and kill you instead." Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Asshole, I wonder why it's hard for you to choose, your clothes are all black tho." Jin giggled going out of the room.

-----

Taehyung was waiting for the cab, yet he had to cross on the road. He was holding the tickets tightly so they won't fly away. He was smiling ear-to-ear thinking about what will be Jungkook's reaction if he heard about his confession.

The stop light went red, and Taehyung saw it was okay for people to walk.

But before he can even walk to the next road, he heard a honk and the car crashed into him.

He bumped into the car but he was sure he saw who the driver was. Until he fell to the cold ground and hit his head.

He attempted to get the tickets on the ground even though he can't move his hands. He can't hear the people yelling. His mind told him to stand up, and he had to go to Jungkook.

He wants to say to him about his feelings. He wants to surprise him. But his sight slowly turned blurry and passed out.

-----

Jungkook was already in the restaurant, it's been an hour since Taehyung texted the address but Taehyung didn't come yet.

He was wearing a double-breasted Cotton Gabardine Jacket paired with Slim-Fit Wool Trousers and Rocksand Brushed Lace-up Shoes. Well, he tried his best to be representable and hoped it works.

He was sitting alone in the restaurant, tapping his feet on the ground. He keeps glancing at his phone, waiting for Taehyung to call or text him.

He tried to call him but he got no response from him. He sighed shaking his head, maybe Taehyung did something that's why he's late.

Suddenly, his phone has rung, he thought it was Taehyung but he saw it was just Jin. He soughed, taking his phone on top of the table and answered the calls.

"Hyung, I'm busy, you shouldn't call me. If you're going to tease me right now, I'm not in the mood to talk with you. Just tease someone else, bye."

He was about to end the call but Jin's voice immediately stop him.

"Wait! No, it's important, it's about Taehyung." Jin uttered.

"What? Did he call or text you? He didn't answer any of my calls." Jungkook muttered.

"You didn't watch the news? You should watch it." Jin told him.

"Why would I do that? What is its connection to Taehyung?" Jungkook asked confusedly.

"Taehyung got on accident and it's on the news." Jin replied.

"Stop pranking me, hyung, that's not a good joke..."

Jungkook looked up at the screen since there was a screen in the restaurant. The news caught his attention.

"An unidentified boy was the victim of a hit and run. The suspect drives away after crashing his car into the boy. The police were now looking for the suspect."

Jungkook's hands were balled in a fist and he felt his heart was getting stabbed. He saw tickets and he knew Taehyung was about to surprise him with them.

"I hope it was a joke too but it's real, Jungkook." Jin mumbled with a crack in his tone.

He quickly stood up from his seat, running out of the restaurant with tears falling in his eyes. He got inside his car and started to drive away.

No way, he can't lose Taehyung, he didn't confess yet. He doesn't want to lose the person he loves.