Chapter 37: It's a prank

Calm down, I'm sorry, I don't end stories like that. I'm so sorry. It's just a prank. I'm really sorry.
-----

“Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.”

Chapter 37: It's a prank

Jungkook was worried as heck, he arrived at his house and immediately came out of his car. He saw a police car outside of his house, he run inside to check on Taehyung.

His worries faded away when he saw Taehyung standing with the police talking to him.

"Taehyung"

Jungkook quickly hugged him tightly. He almost cry when he heard the gunshot.

"Are you okay? Did something happen to you? Did you get shot?" Jungkook bombarded him a questions.

"Jungkook ah, what was happening? Why there's police in your house?" Taehyung asked confusedly.

"Didn't you get shot?" Jungkook inquired confused as well.

"He said nothing happened to him. We inspected the house and saw nothing even a bullet. He was sleeping when we found him. He's okay." The police replied.

"Are you sure you didn't see anything? I'm sure I heard a gunshot." Jungkook retorted turning around to look at the police.

"It seems it was just a prank call, it was common nowadays." The police explained.

"I'm sorry if I waste your time, officer, I thought something happened to him. I'm so sorry." Jungkook apologized and bowed his head multiple times to show how genuine he was.

"It's okay, we understand. Were going now, please be careful next time." The police said.

Jungkook hums in response and the police make their way to leave.

"Are you okay, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked him with a hint of worry in his tone.

Jungkook pushed his hair to the back and looked at Taehyung.

"Yes, I'm fine." Jungkook replied biting his bottom lip.

"Why did you call the police? I thought something was happening. I'm so nervous, you know. I don't like being interrogated." Taehyung muttered.

"I'm sorry, that won't happen again. I didn't expect I will receive a prank call. I will be more careful." Jungkook sighed frustratedly.

"It's okay, let's just take a rest, hmm? I'm sure you are tired." Taehyung said holding Jungkook's hands. 

Jungkook smiled and nodded his head. Taehyung went upstairs, Jungkook roamed his eyes around the house thinking about how the governor found out that Taehyung was sleeping. Something was weird happening, he had to know about it no matter what happened.

"Jungkook ah! Let's go now, I'm sleepy." Taehyung called him while yawning.

"Yeah, yeah, coming!" Jungkook responded following Taehyung upstairs.

-----

"So, you called the police thinking Taehyung was actually dead?" Jin asked the younger boy.

Taehyung wasn't with them because he attend class without Jungkook since Jungkook said he had to do something important. Besides, he put some men to watch Taehyung for his safety.

"I'm so scared, hyung, I am sure I heard a gunshot. I can't be wrong. I know I heard it was a gunshot." Jungkook retorted.

"Are you sure it was that bastard's father?" Namjoon inquired who was sitting on the couch in front of him.

"Yes, he was blaming me for his son's death. I don't even know that his son was dead." Jungkook stated.

"Well, actually, you killed his son after what you did to him in the interrogation room." Hoseok told him.

"So he's doing this because he wants to get revenge?" Jungkook asked looking at him.

"Yes, he's not an easy rival, Jungkook. We checked his profile and found out that he can control the military forces. He had a good connection with the mafia too." Yoongi explained to him.

"If it's really him, I guess he was giving you a warning. And it will be dangerous for Taehyung as well." Jin stated.

"But his son was the one who started this! I just took my revenge." Jungkook grumbled.

"He doesn't care whatever his son did to you. He only cares about his son and I'm sure he was starting to make a plan to kill you." Jimin added.

"I don't care whatever he wants to do. If it's necessary to kill him, I will do it. It was his son's fault after all. I didn't kill it because I like it. His son harmed Taehyung. And if he attempts to hurt Taehyung too, I will make him pay." Jungkook replied clenching his fist.

"Are you sure about that? Like what I said, that man wasn't an easy target, do you think you can beat him?" Yoongi asked curiously.

"Yes, he's the one who started the war between and I don't think I can let it pass like that. He threatened me about Taehyung's death and there's no way he will be lying." Jungkook retorted.

"Okay, I'm in with that plan." Yoongi snickered.

"If that's what you want, I will go along with you." Jin ruffled his hair and sat down beside him.

There's no way Jungkook will let that man get something from his property. If he had to use force, he will kill that man no matter what happen. Besides, his threat about Taehyung's death seems true.

"Why are you still here? It's the end of classes, you should go and pick Taehyung." Namjoon told him.

"Already? He didn't text me yet, I told him to text me when he will go home." Jungkook inquired standing up from his seat and turning on his phone to check the time.

"Maybe he's busy that's why he forgot to text you. You should go now or else he will find someone else better than you." Jin kicked him on his ass.

"No one is better than me." Jungkook confidently smirked and walk away from them.

"Wow, the confidence, this bastard, I will kill you one day." Jin snickered.

"Better luck next time, hyung." Jungkook giggled slamming the door closed.

He got inside his car, maybe he don't or did notice the pair of eyes were looking at him, spying on him. He started the car and he drive away.