Chapter 42: I promised you

“If I had to choose between breathing and loving you I would use my last breath to tell you I love you.”

Chapter 42: I promised you

Taehyung was still scared about his nightmare. He was so lost about it that he didn't even notice that they arrived at the University.

"Cupcake, are you still thinking about it?" Jungkook asked noticing Taehyung's distress.

He parked the car in front of the University so he and Taehyung can have a little moment for a while. He was so worried since Taehyung's emotion didn't change since earlier. The nightmare was still hunting him and it made Jungkook worried as fuck.

"I don't want to think about it but I seriously can't remove the nightmare in my head." Taehyung admitted while fidgeting with his fingers.

"Baby, look at me, see, I'm fine. Why are you stressing yourself about that nightmare? It's just a nightmare." Jungkook retorted.

"I... I'm so scared, I tried to calm down and think that everything will be alright but I can't do it, Jungkook. Why do I have to have a nightmare like that?" Taehyung looked at him with teary eyes.

"Honey, you are just super tired when you fell asleep that's why it happened. Besides, you are also stressed about the research." Jungkook told him.

Yet, it didn't work for Taehyung, he was still nervous.

"What makes you think someone will kill me? I can protect myself, Taehyung. You don't have to worry about me because I will be fine, trust me." Jungkook stated.

"I don't want to lose you, Jungkook. You're the only person I can trust because of my condition. I'm so scared." Taehyung sobbed.

"You won't lose me, baby, I will be on your side no matter what happened. No one, no one will kill me." Jungkook assured him.

Yeah, Jungkook will be alright, right?

Nothing will happen to him. Jungkook was right, maybe that was just a nightmare. Maybe?

They will be together till the end?

Everything will be fine?

"Fine, look at them."

Jungkook showed him the ticket to Paris.

"You want to go to Paris, right? See, I got the ticket for us. And I guess we can go there after finishing our requirements. What do you think?" Jungkook tried to change the topic.

"You will go with me?" Taehyung asked looking at him.

"Of course, I won't leave you alone. I will go to the place with you." Jungkook smiled and held Taehyung's hands.

"Promise me, you will protect yourself. If something happens, please tell me, okay? We will be together till the end, alright?" Taehyung uttered while biting his bottom lip to suppress his tears to fall.

"Of course, we will, I promised you." Jungkook replied and pecked the back of Taehyung's hand.

Taehyung hugged him and Jungkook caressed his back.

"We should go to our class, my team defense will start this morning so I can't be late." Jungkook uttered while pulling away from the hug.

"Okay"

Taehyung wiped off his tears and took a deep sigh. He will try to forget about that nightmare, he will trust Jungkook instead.

-----

Since the defense of Jungkook's research ended so well, Jungkook decided to treat Taehyung because his groupmate doesn't like him.

They were in the mall in the jewelry shop just to check something. Taehyung was looking at the necklace section while Jungkook was secretly glancing at the ring.

"Do you like this one, sir?" The saleslady asked him while looking at him.

"Yeah, do you think that will fit him?" Jungkook replied kind of pointing to Taehyung who was busy looking at the necklaces.

"Of course, sir, he got a slim finger and I believe it will look beautiful to him." The saleslady smiled.

"Okay, I will get them." Jungkook decided to buy the ring.

"Alright, sir." The saleslady opened the glass door and took out the pair of rings.

Jungkook was looking at them, the ring will look beautiful to Taehyung.

"Here sir, by the way, is that boy your boyfriend or what? Don't worry, I'm not homophobic." The saleslady inquired while giving him the rings.

"Yes, I am planning to propose to him." Jungkook smiled in response.

"Wow, you two are perfect for each other sir. I can see it." The saleslady giggled.

"Thank you." Jungkook looked at Taehyung.

"Have a nice day, sir, I hope the proposal will get successful." The saleslady uttered.

Jungkook chuckled and bowed his head. He went to Taehyung who seems to finish choosing a necklace.

"Did you already choose one, cupcake?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah, but why did we go here out of nowhere? I didn't expect you will bring me here." Taehyung replied looking at him.

"Nothing, just want to have some moment with you." Jungkook simply said while hiding the rings behind him.

"Did you buy for yourself, Jungkook?" Taehyung inquired.

"Hm, I will show it to you at the right time. For now, I will keep it hidden." Jungkook retorted.

"Why I can't see it right now?" Taehyung pouted.

"Well, I have a proper reason, so wait for it instead." Jungkook chuckled.

"Come on, I am impatient so please let me see it. You make me curious." Taehyung uttered.

"I know, I am excited to show this to you but today isn't the right time. I want everything to be perfect when I show it to you." Jungkook told him.

"What do you mean by that?" Taehyung inquired raising his right brow.

"Secret, I won't give you any clue so don't expect me to tell you something." Jungkook giggled pecking the tip of Taehyung's nose.

"Are you sure? Can you really resist me?" Taehyung attempted to make Jungkook say something by showing his puppy eyes.

"I can't resist you but for this secret, I will." Jungkook laughed.

"Wow, that hurts me here." Taehyung dramatically sighed while pointing to his heart.

"Stop being dramatic." Jungkook ruffled Taehyung's hair.

"Meanie"

Taehyung mumbled under his breath while Jungkook just admired how cute Taehyung was right now.