Chapter 1

Whenever our parents stopped taking us to grandma's house when they worked, me and Kylie always walked their after school was over together. That way we kept a close eye on each other, so no enemies of our parents would ever separate us. What can you say? Me and my sister were inseparable. That all was going to change sooner than we know. One day while we were at school, I might have accidentally caused an explosion in the science lab and was sentenced to after school detention. The day I had to do detection, both my parents had to work on a case, and me and Kylie were supposed to walk together to grandmas. I told Kylie to go ahead, and walk to grandmas after school without me. If I known what was going to happen next, I would have never told her to walk by herself. After my two hours of detention was over, the principal herself offer me a car ride to my grandmas place since it was getting dark outside. I accepted the ride because I knew that the night time can be very dangerous for a kid. I grabbed my stuff, and got in the principal's car before the principal drove out of the school parking lot. She actually did ask me how I could cause an explosion in a lab full of students in it. The truth is, I don't even or remember how I caused the explosion in the lab in the first place. It just happened in a flash. Luckily, no one got seriously injured. Come to think about it. My equipment could have been easily tampered with by someone, but I have no proof of that theory.
Once me and the principal got to my grandmas, I thanked the principal for the ride and went inside the house. Once I got inside the house, my grandma welcome me with opened arms. That is when she asked me if Kylie was with me. I was kind of confused when she asked me that. "Grandma! The principal dropped me off here because I had detention this afternoon. I told Kylie to go ahead and walk here after school without me, so what is going on here, and where is she?" I asked her in a kind of stressed way. As both of us started to really get worried, we searched all over the house to make sure she wasn't hiding from us before we made the call to the police.