Chapter 5

"Then you presumed right Dylan." Reid said. "Ok Reid, can you tell us why we are at a school late in the night?" Dad asked sounding concern. "There has to be a reason why Dylan's experiment exploded causing her to have detention and not walk home with Kylie, so we are here to find out if any equipment in the lab was actually tampered with in any way." He replied as I picked the lock to the door of the school. "Sounds like a good reason to me." I said as I opened the door. For the past few months, I been wondering how the explosion in the lab could have happen. Maybe this is my way of finding out.
Me, my dad, and Reid started to walk into the school building. The alarm started to go off, but I quickly turned it off before continuing to the science lab where the explosion happened in. Once in the lab, everyone started to find any evidence of any equipment tampering. I searched through the beakers in the cabinets, but they were to clean to have any chemicals still in them. Then I remember that some students like me actually have our own set of equipment, so we didn't have to use any other equipment in the lab. What? You never know what kind of germs can come from equipment that other people touch or used before you. Some students are also germ phobic, and can't even touch or shake another person's hand without using hand sanitizer afterwards. I checked my own lab equipment for evidence of tampering. That's when I found a strand of dark hair and a partial fingerprint on the spare beaker besides where the normal beaker I used was. Well, before it was destroyed in the lab explosion. "Hey guys, would a partial print and a dark hair be useful in this investigation." I said looking right at the two adults in the room.
Somewhere in Virginia
Kylie is locked in some type of bedroom with one of her legs chained to the floor. She looks like she has been taken great care of. Despite the current situation she is in. Her captor has been giving her food and water almost every day. He also every once in a while unchains her to let her do hygiene stuff, use the bathroom, and sometimes under a disguise, lets her go outside to get fresh air or has her do some kind of milk run like going to the grocery store. "Kylie. I don't have time for questions, but we have to go." Said a man with his hands covered in blood, and a knife in his right hand.