Chapter 7

Back in New York
"Yes Dylan, the partial print and dark hair will help us find out who tampered with your equipment." Reid said as he grabbed a pair of tweezers to pick up the hair to put in an evidence bag. While Reid did that, my dad pick up the partial print with some tape and put it on a clean index card before putting it in evidence with the hair. While looking for more evidence, my cell phone rings out of the blue. I pick up my phone to see who was calling. Once I saw who was calling, I wanted to start panicking. "Uh dad, Gil is calling me." I said showing him the caller ID on my phone. "Ok Dylan, answer the phone like normal, but don't let him know what were up to. Do not I repeat do not tell him about Reid either." Dad replied as I picked up the phone. "Hey Gil." I said. "Hey Dylan, is your dad with you?" He asked me. "Yeah, he is with me." I Replied. "Ok, can you put the phone on the speaker please?" He then asked me. "Sure. Just hold on a sec." I said taking the phone away from my ear, and pushing the speaker button on my phone. "Ok Gil, your on speaker." Dad said for me. "Ok, now Malcolm and Dylan, I need you both to listen to me very carefully. Can you both do that for me?" He asked us in a serious way. "Sure Gil. Whatever you need." Dad said as he looked at me and Reid. "Ok Malcolm, I know that you and Dylan are working on the Kylie case behind NYPD's back. I also know that a FBI agent is helping you in the school science lab right now. Do you both denied any of this?" Gil asked us. "No, we don't denied any of it." I said with a feeling of relief. "Ok, now I need all three of you all to come back to the station this instead. We have some information that you all might want to hear." He said as he hung up the phone before me and dad can ask him any more question. "Ok Reid, it looks like you get to meet the rest of the team." Dad said as we gathered up the evidence, and left the lab how we found it in when we first got there.