Chapter 1

April 1958

April 1958

I was in my bedroom thumbing through records in my bedroom. Looking for my new record that my friends wanted to listen to. My friends were in the other room waiting for me. Mary Ellen Croft and Corey Torres. I had been Mary Ellen's roommate here in the apt complex for about a month now. I loved being on my own.

I was not sure if my father was going to allow me to move in with my best friend. He would not allow me to go moving to another town. He preferred me to wait to move out until I was married. But that was so old fashioned.

I was not going to let that happen. I did not want to just haul off and marry anyone. I wanted to marry for love. Love was going to be the only reason that would get me to settle down with anyone. The right one.

If I ever found him here in California. I find the new record. I come back out to join my friends. I see Mary Ellen on the phone. We had the local radio station on the air. Because I had issues finding my new record with the new music we had been craving.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Oh my gosh! I won! Three tickets!" squeals a happy Mary Ellen once she gets off the phone line.

"You won? You actually won something?" laughs Corey with joy. They hug.

I smile. "What is going on you guys?" I ask them as I sit down on the couch.

"I won tickets! To guess who's, show?" she asks me.

"Who?" I ask with wonder.

"Ricky Nelson's sold out show! I won tickets and backstage passes. I only won two tickets. But I begged for a third. I kind of cried on the phone. That I had to take my sister. And they gave me a third" she giggles.

"You are so bad Mary Ellen" I laugh.

"Didn't you know Ricky?" asks Corey.

I nod. "Before he got on the Ozzie And Harriet Show. He had dated my older sister Avery. He and Avery are only a year older than us. Ricky was really nice back then. Handsome as ever. Then when he got on tv we saw less of him. And you know Avery. She was immature. She wanted a boyfriend who was doting on her all the time. And she broke things off with him" I sigh as I shake my head.